Worth it... Objects of Acquisition

I workshopped the joke a few times and that is where I landed.

2 Likes

Well this small segment of your audience found it very funny indeed.

1 Like

We bought a second cover for our couch a while ago and it has been excellent to be able to remove every piece of fabric from the couch and wash it thoroughly, while also not leaving the couch naked and risking the cats playing on it.

8 Likes

Oh my that is brilliant

1 Like

I love this system for this kind of stuff, makes me feel like I’m winning at adulting

1 Like

Backyard climbing frame for kiddo. Honestly, I am yet to regret any large outdoor toy we’ve bought.

5 Likes

bkr water bottles. They’re glass bottles in silicone sleeves and they’re awesome. I’ve owned the grey one for years and it looks brand new still. It fell out of my bag onto a concrete parking garage floor and didn’t break, I was amazed. They come in tons of sizes and different sleeve styles/colors. I love this one because it’s 1L and makes it easy to drink a ton of water. Bobbin also loves it and I intend to get her a small one sometime soon.

They’re completely dishwasher safe which blows my mind. You can also buy lids that have a little compartment that will hold vitamins, or little things, or they make one that has a lip balm in it (made by EU standards and free of gross ingredients!). I just bought the teal one so that I would actually take the time to wash and swap them because there was a sale and I don’t wash mine enough.

Also they’re a woman owned company in San Francisco. Ticks all my boxes.

8 Likes

These tights https://snagtights.com/. I bought one pair on the recommendation of someone in my work’s minority gender’s network, and… omg. They fit. I have never had tights that I didn’t have to yank back up at least a couple of times a day. I lasted two weeks, then sold all my old tights on ebay and bought a new pair for every day of the week.

In other news, all the women in this company now wear the same tights (including my manager, who is a good foot shorter than me. That’s how great they are).

5 Likes

Oooh I need tights and I was going to hold out for Swedish Stockings but these are more affordable. Do you or any of your coworkers wear the sheers? I want those but it makes me so mad when they get a run on the first wear. And I have a sharp nailed toddler and puppy so…I worry.

1 Like

I do have one pair of the sheers- I don’t wear them that often, but they’ve not run yet. I’ve not had a single run in any of the opaque ones either (and I am pretty hard on them, including riding a bike with lots of pointy-out bits). They do occasionally get pulls, but I can live with that :woman_shrugging: If the shipping isn’t too much where you are try a couple of pairs and see how they go?

2 Likes

How are they around the waist? It looks like they are none of that bullshit “tummy smoothing” crap, but do they cut in at all?

Oooh, thank you! I would wear tights more often if they fit better and didn’t need to be yanked up all the time.

1 Like

I need these. I have literally never had tights that fit well. Never.

Stick-on blinds. My (home) office was a reasonable temperature on a hot day for the first time in weeks, even though it was BatshitCrazyHot instead of NormalHot.

https://www.gro-store.com.au/gro-anywhere-blackout-blind.html

2 Likes

Nope :slight_smile: they’re incredibly stretchy but not particularly tight - helped by the fact they actually do sizing, I think :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I’ve always worn them just because I find it hard to get trousers that fit but these have been an absolute game changer

1 Like

This is very, very intriguing then.

le sigh, they have trouble shipping to Canada. As a short/wide person, tights are always so challenging.

I’ve been seeing these ads all over twitter and instagram, and I wear outfits with tights at least twice a week, so I know exactly where I’m going as soon as my current pairs start to bite the dust… just a bit too early to justify brand new tights because the ones I have now are perfectly suitable

1 Like

I got my first pair of snag tights today and omg I’m gonna need a billion pairs.

5 Likes