Worth it... Objects of Acquisition

What have you bought or received that has been totally worth it lately?

4 Likes

Recliner/swivel/rocking pregnancy chair. It’s a miracle. Occasionally the only place I’m comfortable.

2 Likes

Crocs. Super comfy with or without socks. Easy to go out in the garden and wash off if they get muddy. Forgot I was wearing them and wore them to work one day… No one said anything and they were incredibly comfy to wear while standing at my standing desk. Can’t believe it took me a year of Greyman singing their praises to get them.

1 Like

My merino cardigans. They are soft, warm and look just how I feel my cardigan should look on me.

4 Likes

Electric kettle courtesy of @Bracken_Joy’s recommendation. I use it every day and am thankful for how easy it is to use.

5 Likes

New hot weather undershirts. They aren’t here yet, and I can already tell they’ll be worth it.

1 Like

Yay! I’m so glad it’s working for you.

1 Like

I got fancy tea to replace my soda habit. So far I’m quite pleased.

3 Likes

Tretinoin, I think. I started using it some months ago, maybe 4? And I knew better than to expect results right away, also, I had to work up to full effectiveness and I’m still not there yet. I only recently bumped it up to 3 times a week. But today I flipped open the mirror in the car and was surprised by my face. It just looked… different. A little better. I don’t suddenly have no wrinkles or anything but my skin just looks better. Firmer? Younger? Glowier? It’s subtle, but something’s happening. So yea!

7 Likes

Still blows my mind that electric kettles aren’t common place in the US.

3 Likes

Lower voltage service in the US than most other countries. So it takes longer to boil with an electric kettle than most places. Takes away the advantage over a stove top service. Personally, I do have an electric kettle, but I see the rationale for why a lot of people don’t even if they do drink tea or coffee.

4 Likes

By all accounts I’ve seen so far, it’s only more efficient to use an electric kettle in the US if you’re heating the precise amount of water you’re using and nothing more. Even then, depending on locale, other forms of generating heat may be more efficient/less resource wasteful. I do very much love my electric kettle though :slight_smile:

1 Like

I hope you aren’t suggesting microwaving water for tea. Only Americans are capable of this barbarism. :laughing: (I am not opposed to microwaving generally.)

4 Likes

Haha! I think heating the exact amount of water you want on induction might have been the winner? I don’t remember! I do not, however, remember the microwave being in the running :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My acquisition that I most think “worth it!” about is a $40 heated shiatzu back massager. Got me through writing my thesis and moving. It’s not quite like a personal masseuse, but the next best thing. And it doesn’t require reciprocity like asking one’s SO (incessantly).

1 Like

Worth it - baby carrier hiking pack.

Even better - it was a bargain. Macpac Vamoose V1 rrp $499, picked it up for $100 with the tags still on it. Hooray for other people’s failed dreams. It is atleast 4 years old and had never been used.

8 Likes

Wow that’s a great score!

1 Like

Wow. Uh, now I want one for Ponder and Duckling…

1 Like

Not sure they’d both fit in it?

7 Likes

I had a feeling you’d say something along those lines :rofl::joy::rofl:

3 Likes