Why are you crying?

Just, why are you crying?

But if you don’t think Wendy was saying it that way for any other reason than “boy, whose name I don’t know”, don’t change it on my account

5 Likes

That’s exactly what I think is happening, but it’s clear that you aren’t the only one I’m affecting. And I wondered if JM Barrie was someone acceptable to quote.

And, as the person crying now…
It’s because I want it to be okay to like pre 2020 works of art
I want it to be okay to be me either on the internet or in person
And I want to be able to do any one thing right, and I can’t figure out how.

16 Likes

Dad put the vest on her she asked to have put on her.

6 Likes

My coat is too big for me.

7 Likes

hugs it takes a good person to feel bad. And I think the issue of art/lit that are products of their time is very complicated.

6 Likes

Mum was reading a book, got to the page with the picture of happy dogs and she made all their bark noises, then she turned the page. Can you believe it? She didn’t stay on the best page ever, she just kept going :rage:

6 Likes

Elle, I sent you a message. But please know, you did nothing wrong. And thank you for taking my feelings into account.

4 Likes

It wasn’t wrong. It is ok :heart: What is clear to one person is ambiguous to another - interpretation of tone and art is hard! I was thinking of how thoughtful you are by choosing to be flexible to accommodate others interpretations.

We have all been there in the rawness, my friend, especially on corrections that were unintended. You are good.

5 Likes

He is crying because dada took him out of his booster seat and not mama. We have offered to put him back. This was not received well. 🤷

11 Likes

“I’m pretty sure I know how to roll over, but I can’t remember exactly how it work so I’m stuck in this d*** tummy time.”

And

“OMG I’M SO HUNGRY AND YOU’RE NEVER GOING TO FEED ME AGAIN…oh wait the food source is literally still in my mouth, my bad.”

14 Likes

Thank you for this, I had blocked those memories out. :laughing:

6 Likes

When I read these and laugh, the toddler also laughs, and it feels a bit like she’s flexing on me :joy:

9 Likes

This is definitely a window into my future, in 3-4 months time :joy:

6 Likes

She stood on the pastry brush and then wasn’t able to pick up the brush because she was standing on it.

(We are having a very teething, yelling, crying, tantrum filled day)

10 Likes

Because he wants a dada hug and he wants to stand on the sink and he wants to sit on the potty and he doesn’t want to sit on the potty and he doesn’t want his toys and he wants his toys back and he wants a mama hug and he wants to be dried and he wants more bath.

14 Likes

Because mama swore loudly when a giant bin of blocks fell on her from the closet.

9 Likes

Mama asked if we should go downstairs for cereal

8 Likes

Because I can’t pick up mommy’s water bottle with one hand and I don’t want to let go of the train in my other hand

10 Likes

Because “too much is happening.”

I mean, same, pal.

14 Likes

Because, “Mama no talk to Dada!”

7 Likes