Why are you crying?

That’s a reference to Peter Pan crying because his shadow won’t stay on…but also, the theme of this thread. Where we can gently, lovingly share why our children are upset and or crying:

7 Likes

The cat would not eat broccoli dipped in ketchup and a love gift

13 Likes

Oh. Yes please today.

My daughter is crying because she wants to stand and watch the man use the nail gun, but the nail gun is loud. Every time.

ETA, also, she asked me to rip the paper. But then it made a paper ripping sound. Could I please rip the paper with no sound, is the clear indictment.

10 Likes

Update. She wants to watch the man tape. But the tape makes tape noise.

I’m sensing a theme today.

10 Likes

BECAUSE HE WAS NOT UPSET AT HIS RACING GAME THAT WOULD NOT COOPERATE.

Hmm, yes, you yelling and the tears on your face are super convincing that you’re not upset.

9 Likes
  • He wasn’t allowed to rummage in the hardware/tool cupboard
  • He wasn’t allowed in the poisons cupboard
10 Likes

Because the banana broke in half and we couldn’t fix it.

Also, because we peeled the banana, even though that’s not a skill they’ve learned yet, and they really wanted a banana.

9 Likes

Sounds like you need some tiny earmuffs.

(ETA I’m mostly saying this because Latte in earmuffs would be supes cute, not because I expect logical solutions work on children :laughing:)

10 Likes

“Put it back together daddy!” I’m sorry buddy. That’s just not how bananas work. cries

11 Likes

I actually do! I almost bought some when I saw them on sale and was like “where will we go thats noisy though, lol, don’t need these!” Luckily she lets me cover her ears and runs over when it’s loud and scary. Poor thing. Bright side: the window is back in now, so it’s much more quiet.

7 Likes

Because mom gave me the orange I asked for.

Then because she took it back

8 Likes

Duckling loves his earmuffs. I love his earmuffs too.

6 Likes

We have banz. They are great, but I think we’re almost out of them. Noise cancelling headphones set really small can be nice, but heavy

2 Likes

I was making a to do list for me for the day and she wanted to have her own list. Ok this seems like a nice enough activity to start the day. She drew the boxes and I transcribed the list as she spoke.

The first item was “read stories with waffles”, lots of other fun three year old things were written down, going to the park, using the slide, having snacks, etc. Yes this sounds like an excellent day.

When I read the list back the world ended because apparently that first box was a special one that looks like a washing line so I was supposed to write “hang out the washing”. At no point when the transcription happened was washing mentioned.
:exploding_head:

“That’s it, we can’t make lists anymore, we can’t use this pen, we have to cross everything out and stay home, today is ruined” body to floor

14 Likes

Massive tears when the horsey ride ended.

18 Likes

Oh, excellent thread.

He did not have But Not the Armadillo.

Dada was not awake yet.

He had to leave the clock store.

10 Likes

Mom squished the play doh unhanded to her while saying “squish”

(Also, I understand where this thread title comes from, but I find it very upsetting in a sense that boys aren’t allowed to cry.)

8 Likes

I’m happy to change it. I definitely agree that peter pan has a negative view of crying, though I don’t think that Wendy does. I think that Peter Pan and all of our children are welcome to cry and process their learning and frustrations by crying. I definitely still do myself.

What title works better for you?

4 Likes

My child is crying because…

1 Like

The lid she was putting on the bowl fit the bowl.

5 Likes