Why are you awake?

Thanks. We’re great. It’s the kids who suck.

7 Likes

Poor LadyDuck. You’re also awake at 4:30am.

8 Likes

We have one mattress topper, queen size, and one crib mattress on the floor. I’ve lost my position on the queen, and my pillow, and I don’t have fleece pyjamas or a sleep sack if I’m cold. If I push to regain bedspace it will spark an argument about milky and I’ll still be awake

6 Likes

I think you need someone to supply you with warm PJs for when this scenario happens again tomorrow.

4 Likes

I agree, 430AM is not a good wake time, but I got to stay in bed for a while after that.

4 Likes

3:30am - Woken from wild fevered dreams so I can walk around the house with baby PDM for half an hour. Mercifully he is back asleep.
Not sure if better to have terrible sleep or no sleep? My dream was some kind of math based loop where I had to match infinitesimal small numbers related to the awarding of Olympic medals. I would wake what felt like every 10 minutes, roll over and get straight back to crazy dream number work.

Mrs PDM said I could bring the baby back once he was asleep but I got the feeling that wasn’t a genuine offer. So spare room with dogs it is.

Boy PDM hasn’t stirred yet. Small blessings. I suspect my works sick leave policy will be getting used tomorrow. Now I’m a more experienced senior employee, I don’t even call. Maybe email my manager and let him know. Gone are the croaky voice phone calls.

7 Likes

I was awake until 4 because Daughter woke up at 3 and was hungry. I had a lot of years of not having to feed anyone in the middle of the night but apparently we are back to that. And yes, I’m treating the 14-year-old like an infant these days. Any chance to get food into her, I have to take. The 11-year-old doesn’t get the same treatment and he’s jealous.

6 Likes

Email is fantastic for notifying work that you are sick!

Good luck inventing a proper Olympic scoring system.

4 Likes
  1. My husband woke me up. So now I am awake.
  2. I am itchy.
  3. My body feels like going for a run.
  4. What if I develop osteoarthritis in my feet from all the high impact on tile in barefeet when I was 14? (Unsolved)
  5. How will I get the catbox to work in our new apartment with a grabby toddler, a scaredy cat, and no great closets except my own? (Solved)
  6. What table am I going to buy? When? Which car? Who? (Unsolved)
  7. Is my grandpa gonna be mad we are moving his birthday breakfast for my move? (Unsolved)
  8. Where should I hang the art in the new place? Do we have too much? Will.it clash? (Unsolved)
  9. I have a lot of furniture. Damn. Is the truck big enough? (Unsolved)
  10. The couch is dirty. I wonder if the room will be embarrassingly dirty when the movers come. (Solved: yes it will, duh)
  11. Why do I care about the movers opinions of my house keeping? (Unsolved)
10 Likes

Kiddo seems to be going through a phase of having nightmares every few nights. Last night there were five green ghosts.

6 Likes

Because lying on my bed was easier than getting ready for bed and feelings are also hard.

9 Likes

I am awake because I made such bad choices.

Also I need to remind my husband to take the electronics out of the car FIRST when he moves all the stuff tot he new apartment.

2 Likes

Because I told myself I can’t go to bed until I clean up the kitchen, but I don’t want to clean up the kitchen.

4 Likes

Because baby sleep is best described as irrational nonsense.

4 Likes

Emailed daycare to find out if they had any benchmarks to reinstate the mask requirements.

“I am monitoring the situation, but have no benchmarks we are measuring by”.

Oh, good.

I really wish my children were in masks.

3 Likes

So many bad choices. God help me tomorrow.

7 Likes

I hope you’re in bed and asleep now.

3 Likes

I don’t know why we’re awake but I’m really hoping the Panadol fixed it so I can go back to sleep.

4 Likes

Idkkkkkk!!!

1 Like

the dream that I’m still enrolled in university classes and I didn’t do the reading, the paper, or prepare for the exam

4 Likes