Why are you awake?

Wait, why am I awake?

It doesn’t work that way, pal. I asked you first.

So, why are you awake?

6 Likes

Because it’s 1pm on a Tuesday?

2 Likes

My wife is in the bathroom with our toothbrushes :sob:

4 Likes

Because I’m on vacation and hammered. There is no tomorrow. Or at least there better not be

5 Likes

All good answers.

Except @PDM. 1pm is prime naptime dude!!

I’m awake because my child is awake. Of course.

3 Likes

Unfortunately I’m at work today. Now tomorrow when I WFH…

1 Like

Because soooomeone introduced me to tiktok and I have no self control.

3 Likes

yesterday it was because there were some animals in my neighbourhood making a lot of noise (amorous? fighting? both? raccoon? cat? possum? - no idea, shadowy one thought squirrel but I think it was too loud)

Today, no reason I know other than it is 4am.

2 Likes

Because His Lordship gets up so very, very early. Before 5am today.

2 Likes

At 4 a.m. it was because Girl Kitty was scratching the mattress, and at just before 6 it was because Boy Kitty loudly barfed up a hairball.

2 Likes

My 4 year old likes to tell me
“I just can’t be asleep, when I close my eye, they just open up again”

7 Likes

I dozed off then snored kids enough to raise mystery up, then couldn’t fall asleep again. Now on couch.

And my hip hurts, I resent it for it making me feel old along with heartburn. Bodies are overrated.

1 Like

Its 1pm on a Wednesday.

1 Like

I fed the baby. I’m supposed to keep her upright for an hour after that. She’s asleep.

3 Likes

Because it’s not late on the west coast!

1 Like

Heartburn. Also heartbreak.

Also retail therapy.

8 Likes

waking up after career/work related dreams

2 Likes

I sat down at 10 to put a modicum of work into my Research Paper and started a planning a 1st/10th anniversary weekend instead. We are staying downtown, watching a movie on a rooftop, and seeing some art.

It’s after midnight and I have to be up at 6. :duck:

7 Likes

Being on couch meant I got to hear the ice maker kick out a new batch of ice several times during the night, sigh. Also my hip still hurt when I woke up and also I’ve now done something to my neck/shoulder. When can I order my cyborg body please? The warranty is apparently up on this one.

4 Likes

I was so tired I passed out around 10, but still needed to get the lights and take meds. Finally woke myself up to groggily do these things. Woke myself up too much. It’s 130. :confounded:

5 Likes