Who got their FLU SHOT?

Done! We went to CVS after work, where there was such a long line of people wanting shots, there was an hour and a half wait! Went to Walgreens down the street, where the wait was only 30 min. I’ve never waited that long. Yay people getting shots! Yay herd immunity!

9 Likes

Sigh. Boyfriend has issues from time to time with earwax buildup clogging his ear and then he has to go in and get it cleaned out. Sometimes there’s an underlying infection, sometimes not. If he has an infection, I hope he just didn’t fuck himself by getting the shot when he shouldn’t. He was feeling fine last night though. Sigh. Bodies are dumb sometimes.

3 Likes

I hope he’s ok!

1 Like

He says it doesn’t hurt yet, so at least he’s catching it early before it can brew into something. Hopefully.

I was awakened at 6 a.m. this morning by my cat trying to pull my flu shot bandaid off with her little kitty teeth!

5 Likes

Sick. Not getting it today, maybe later in the week.

2 Likes

Kaiser flu clinics don’t open until the 12th… Boo.

2 Likes

My mom, dad, AND one of my brothers got their flu shots! Admittedly, they might not have sans baby, but I’m so glad they’re on top of this.

…now I just wish forum badges worked on my In Laws!

9 Likes

I got mine last week, and got a $5 coupon at Pharmaca! I used it to buy calcium supplements that were already on sale :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Take care of yourself! :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I’ve taken the day off work tomorrow and am scheduling myself to go get it at our local supermarket. They give out $10 gift cards for getting your flu shot!

6 Likes

Thanks. May just be allergies, poor sleep, and whininess. But I’m going to be sure before the shot, because it often gives me low-grade aches and fever for a day anyway.

2 Likes

Alright, the Frecks family is 50% of the way there. Husband took Son to a doctor appointment today while Daughter and I were at school/work. So they got theirs done, and I will try to make over there soon.

7 Likes

Praise me, please. I stopped on the way into town at my doctors office and got my flu shot about five hours ago, and I am exhausted, headachy, nauseous, and hurt just a little bit all over. No worries; this is normal for me with flu shots and it’ll pass in 24 to 36. But it’s really annoying, and I hate it.

15 Likes

Praise!!! You get extra bonus points because you actually suffer to help protect others. Noble and pro social in a serious way. And I’m not being snarky here, this is earnest.

9 Likes

The suffering is minor, but it is a pain in the ass. I’ll take Bonus points. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I deliver you Praise AND a moo badge!!

7 Likes

Good job and welcome to the immunized herd!

4 Likes

Tiny complaint… If I don’t stop having sinus symptoms I might not get my shot. And I really want it

4 Likes

Got mine! It hurt more than previous years. Ouchie.

6 Likes

In the waiting room for my annual physical and gonna get my flu shot while I’m here.

6 Likes