Who do you want on the dem ticket as VP?

I predict we’ll know tonight if Iran doesn’t bomb anybody first. (Sorry, not what you were looking for, I know.)

But I’m starting to feel like I felt with the 2008 Obama campaign.

4 Likes

I’m a little more worried about escalating a multi country conflict in the Middle East to be fair.

I have very little knowledge of either but will be sure to be an expert by then :joy:

1 Like

welp, time for me to go find the news

4 Likes

Okay, seriously. I got back from a vacation in which we had no internet/cell service (long story, now very clear on which cousin shouldn’t be near electronics) to find out my company is on virtual fire (ish, but not far off), my city is on literal fire, and now apparently a section of the planet is considering following the city path because things weren’t bad enough there before. This trend is not correct.

10 Likes

Tim Walz!

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4789021-kamala-harris-vp-tim-walz-minnesota/

9 Likes

yaaaaayyyy!!!

7 Likes

I was hoping for the moderate! So far my friends who have had ectopics have had the foresight to do it in blue states, but I’m hoping they know what they’re doing and none of my friends die in a few years :slight_smile:

5 Likes

What context am I missing between the ectopic pregnancies and Tim Walz?

You are right, I am too upset to be clear! I am worried that they made a choice to fire up the people who are going to vote Dem no matter what, instead of picking a moderate who might appeal to people who are on the fence about candidates or voting at all. I’m worried that this choice will mean that they lose the election, and as a result we have republican presidency again, with all of the associated effects for reproductive rights. I have had 3 people close toe need surgery for ectopic pregnancies in the last year or so, and it’s so upsetting to think about what would happen if they couldn’t get care at all or in a timely way.

My top political issues are none of my friends die when they need healthcare and my marriage/family is protected; which I know is not everyone’s!

I hope I am wrong, the average American voter is super excited about progressive governors, and all of our rights are protected perfectly/

8 Likes

my hope is that the joyful warrior energy on the dem side will win out over the dour fascist energy on the other side.

most of all i’m happy to see dems embracing all the cool things about being for the future instead of apologizing for them!

with this energy, i think we can win. if we can’t, i don’t think it will be because the VP pick was not moderate enough. it will be because the electoral college has bias towards republicans built into it. but time will tell! :pray:

10 Likes

What’s the process to remove the electoral college? As a non-American it seems bizarre.

6 Likes

i think it would take a constitutional amendment which is a super high bar to clear. but who knows. first let’s blow up the supreme court! (metaphorically)

10 Likes

I have the same concern. I was hoping for Shapiro, because PA, as much as I do like Walz.

5 Likes

I would love to be wrong! In my 20s I was dating a guy whose roommates built a platform to let people watch people play video games and I thought it was so dumb, and then they sold it for millions of dollars. :crossed_fingers: I am this wrong again

9 Likes

this doesn’t change how I feel about national politics, but I am enjoying seeing these posts:

from sami sage on Instagram: "Vice President Tim Walz #hopescroll"

13 Likes

22 Likes

not Harris using Brat green :joy:

8 Likes

A few weeks ago everything felt grim and fatalistic about the American election and now it feels fun and hopeful. I love it.

17 Likes

As someone who has to keep repeating the same political stories as work, I’m just so glad to have ~~ variety ~~

14 Likes

Like I’ve already been in media through two different trump elections, and one trump/biden election. Just happy to have a change

5 Likes