Who do you want on the dem ticket as VP?

I keep forgetting the name of the terrible media Shapiro and thinking of Ari Shapiro (great) and Julie Shapiro (from radiotopia podcasts, also great) and then getting very confused.

1 Like

Oh yeah. Rich and a politician? 2 strikes. lol

He just announced he isn’t going to run against her so that’s good. But I do think he will run for pres in the future

1 Like

Ha. I like him already.

12 Likes

I hadn’t seen this part, thanks. All the App Studies circles are too busy reposting another of Beshear’s lines “Let me tell you, JD Vance ain’t from here.”

6 Likes

Slay!

Thing is we don’t want to lose a Dem governor in a pretty red-leaning state.

I mean Washington enslaved people and committed genocide against Indigenous peoples, and the Democrats are also committing genocide, so.

4 Likes

Ok, so real talk though. Do you actually think in the way the political system is set up in this country, there is a viable option that other than democrats that will do anything good for the betterment of society and the world?

Democrats are genociders is your rallying cry?

Because I don’t really get your point here. This sort of shit is what drives people to say both parties are the same and that sort of cynicism depresses voter turnout which we know ends up hurting the very people you claim to be in such support of. You really think Donald “Let Them Finish the Job” Trump is going to give a rats flea bitten ass about the suffering of the Palestinian people??

Sorry, I guess I’m just one of the those genocidal democrats who believes in making change that is actually possible instead of just shouting constantly in a one track loop about how I feel personally let down that a political party of a nother country hasn’t solved a millennias long conflict half way around the damn world.

20 Likes

Unburdened by What Has Been, Bernie Bros Join the KHive (msn.com)

1 Like

Obviously not Dem, but I thought it was interesting anyway.

JD Vance Is the Least Liked VP Nominee in Decades, According to Polls (msn.com)

2 Likes

Trump had better hire a food taster because Vance is an incredibly ambitious man.

3 Likes

I don’t know how much of this is going to be incomprehensible due to region, but I’ve never read anything as funny as these burns on JD Vance from Appalachians. If you get the main post, you’ve got to read the comments, because they get even better.

11 Likes

So, so true. Lol

Wow.

What a leap in logic and jump to personal attacks.

I was pointing out the illogic in a meme that attempted to contrast the noble founding of our country with the shameful buffoonery of the Republicans. It was not a “let’s get Democrats elected” strategy call.

I haven’t seen anything on this forum for months about the genocide our country is committing in Palestine. And the one time I tried to bring it up in a thread that people actually pay attention to, I got scolded. I’ve pretty much stopped reading journals or posting because of everyone’s silence.

I spent 8 years dedicating my life to getting Democrats elected. I gave up my FIRE dreams to stay in the US and get Democrats elected. I moved to DC to work for Senate Dems and flip two Senate seats. I canvassed for Hillary when everyone around me was still writing Trump off as a joke.

I do not need a lecture about how much worse Trump would be.

You have no place to scold me. I’ve been working every day to fundraise for families fleeing genocide, and educate people, and educate myself, and confront my elected representatives.

This shows me you haven’t taken any time to learn what is actually going on. And that is tragic.

7 Likes

Democrats are committing genocide.

Even before the debate, Biden lost the election because of the genocide.

The only way for Democrats to win in November is to STOP COMMITTING GENOCIDE.

And that means immense public and private pressure on Democrats. Ignoring it only helps Trump.

2 Likes

I don’t think that this country will ever stop committing or aiding in committing genocide (genocide against Native Americans is still underway, genocide against transgender people is underway). I also think that this presidency doing whatever it can to stop assisting Israel is more likely for them to lose votes than continuing the present course, both because of how present and relevant Zionism is in the US, and because “we” have been supporting Israel for so long.

I don’t like it. I don’t think that it’s right. I am doing what I can to fight against it.

9 Likes

Ending our participation in Israel’s genocide, is good policy and good politics.

Voters Support the U.S. Calling for Permanent Ceasefire in Gaza and Conditioning Military Aid to Israel.

@Illathrael Agreed on your points about the US committing genocide against Indigenous peoples and transgender people. This country was founded on genocide. We all need to work together to end that legacy.

5 Likes

You are right. That is probably cold comfort, but I just wanted to acknowledge it publicly.

I really admire your commitment to action, even though I am falling very short of it

2 Likes

I agree that pulling support for Israel’s military would be good policy, I’ve seen an awful lot of centrists in comments (on work posts where I have to read the comments) that are tired of the money we’re spending on other country’s wars plus the increasing liberal frustration with genocide apologism

I do wonder if they can get ahead of the messaging on that in such a short turn so rund given how entrenched many major donors are in Israeli politics.

(As a note: I’ve seen a fair amount of posts on Gaza on the forums- but we do try to keep the meme threads on topic just because people go there to escape.)

4 Likes

What really breaks my heart is how many people said this during the Holocaust.