Where did it go? A lost items thread

Guess what I just found. I cleverly put it behind my work area, right in plain sight.

4 Likes

It’s always in plain sight - once you find it! I trick myself by misremembering some detail such that I ignore items that don’t match (like “the bag had a red sticker!” Then I focus on red and ignore anything else).

1 Like

The snow shovel is? We’re supposed to get snow later this week. It would be nice to find this so I don’t have to buy another. I do need to buy a snow scoop, our last one broke beyond repair. But the shovel just disappeared…

I bought a new shovel too. Both DH and I are sure that the shovel will now appear, after the snowstorm we’re supposed to get tomorrow.

loose leaf tea strainer?

I’m pretty sure it was in the things I brought back from the office in July 2020. But where are those things? (also the sloth mousepad, but that was lost in the job switch two jobs ago, not plausible to find again)

2 Likes

I bought 3 books today. I can only find 2 of them… Grr.

Donated a box of books, about 50 and sold about 20 more.

1 Like

Where are the chargers I bought for my new phone? I thought I intentionally put them in a specific container on a specific shelf, but nope!

1 Like

I found it, yeah!

1 Like

You had them in your hand with then intention to do something with them but then got distracted when something else demanded your attention (phone call, or in my case a small child).

2 Likes

where is my keycard? It was in the backpack, but then the shadowy one ripped theirs so it was repurposed. It is not in the pile of dead cards, nor the second purse.

ETA: the shadowy one found it in the backup backpack

4 Likes