Where did it go? A lost items thread

In the past I’ve seen a thread where people would ask about something they’ve searched seemingly everywhere for and people could post other ideas for where an item might be and sometimes the items would turn up. I thought maybe the OMD hivemind could help with my current conundrum: Kiddo’s Baby Doll has gone missing. Baby Doll is a soft-bodied but hard head/arms/legs type doll. Any ideas?

9 Likes

Our most recent lost stuffy was found in a corner behind the door of the closet in his room. 🤷

4 Likes

I once lost a stuffed animal by flinging it up in the air so that it got caught in a lampshade. I promptly forgot I did that and became hysterical when I couldn’t find it later. (I was probably about 3.)

6 Likes

In the couch? Those gaps behind cushions are cavernous.
Tangled in dirty laundry
In the car

3 Likes

We almost always find toddler stuff in the laundry hamper or in “her” kitchen drawers.

1 Like

Garbage can. My nephew was famous for throwing everything away.

2 Likes

Meowlet left a cup of milk in there. Found it again after a few days. Drank it and ran over to me in panic when he started puking. Poor kid.

7 Likes

BabyGeek has been known to put her dolls in my handbags / bag packs. I often go to the office, open my bag and the first thing to show up is a doll or a unicorn :unicorn:

7 Likes

Under a bed, under a couch, behind a couch.

I know I was looking for something, but now I have forgotten what it was. It is a very meta experience.

5 Likes

I love this story. Lamp shades have been checked, nope.

In closet, behind closet door, behind bedroom door - nope
Under bed with massive collection of cardboard - nope (including inside/under the cardboard)
Play kitchen, laundry - nope
Car - cursory check, no. I can give it a more thorough check later.
In/under/behind couches - no on a cursory check, I’ll try to do a more thorough check later.

I’ve also checked the other toy boxes (aka storage tubs we chuck all the random stuff into so the floor can be clean for vacuuming). Usually Baby Doll is put in her bed with a blanket, in Kiddo’s bed, or out on the couch. She’s not the number one lovey but she’s in the favored pantheon. Thankfully he’s not too upset about her being missing, his current theory is that Zak Bots from the Wild Kratts tv show have abducted her.

4 Likes

Where is The Runaway Bunny? It may be under the couch but that would involve moving the couch, since lying on the floor and reaching underneath has produced nothing.

2 Likes

Clearly it uh. Clearly it ran away :joy:

…I’ll show myself out.

4 Likes

:woman_facepalming:t2:

2 Likes

This may be dumb, but I’ve found missing-for-months books on the bookshelf before. Sometimes it helps to look again, more slowly.

6 Likes

It’s cute that you think children’s books get to be on bookshelves in my house.

I probably should look in the bins again :joy:

5 Likes

A thought brought about by finding a library book in Kiddo’s room - he has an over-the-bed tent thing that has a build in pocket that isn’t huge but is big enough for one board book. Are there any hidden pockets like that?

When you reached under the couch did you just use arms or did you get a broom handle for more reach? Oh the things the broom has unearthed in our house …

2 Likes

Oh, I’m sure there are hidden pockets! It could also be behind the crib…

A broom handle is a good idea. I have not tried that.

1 Like

My son used to put things on the piano keyboard lid then fold them backward into the piano. A spot that was not accessible by us. At one point this led to my explaining to my bank that I hadn’t seen my debit card in a week but I was pretty sure it was in the piano.

7 Likes

the hospital just called to let the shadowy one know they had found a health card

that fell behind a bench like 2-3 years ago, and hadn’t been retrievable.
I guess they really are doing deep cleanings these days. (shadowy one told them it could be destroyed as a replacement had already been procured)

7 Likes