Where did it go? A lost items thread

Found a lost water cup behind the couch. In spite of having looked behind the couch previously :woman_shrugging: Didn’t see it, or Latte was covertly moving it in between, we will never know.

7 Likes

Where are all my daughters socks? They must be in the house somewhere, we don’t go anywhere except walks and the playground, and I would have noticed their losses then.

4 Likes

Stuffed into a stove vent?

Baby Doll was wrapped in a cellophane tablecloth from st patrick’s day that has been stuffed into an end table. Baby Doll is enjoying being at liberty again.

6 Likes

Update on this one: turns out she was putting them directly in the laundry. Somehow without me noticing.

Then one sock was missing.

It was under the stove. :woman_shrugging: (Found it because husband accidentally kicked a toy under there and went after it).

All socks now accounted for.

6 Likes

Where is the little backpack that I used as a purse during pregnancy? It’s not anywhere in my closet or the office closet. We’ve moved since then. I don’t think I got rid of it.

Have you unpacked all the boxes after moving?

Did you have a sort of landing spot in a room when you came home? Ours would be the laundry room since that has the garage access, so I’d check boxes that would have things from the laundry room.

We have completely unpacked. :neutral_face: I worry it’s in a maternity clothes box or something dumb like that, packed away in the garage.

1 Like

I’m looking for my favorite small backpack “purse”. I haven’t moved in well over a decade, and now I’m questioning if maybe it broke and I got rid of it? I got it years ago for 50 cents at a rummage sale while heading up from our friends place in Massachusetts to vacation with them in Maine. It was a vacation where I learned that my friend finds all rummage sales irresistible, and that there are a lot of rummage sales in Maine. I can still see her husband rolling his eyes then taking a deep breath as we stopped yet again…

2 Likes

The sheets were NEXT TO the laundry hamper (in a very dark corner).

3 Likes

Where are the fuzzy rainbow pillow cases I bought for my son’s room?

Where is my planner?

4 Likes

That’s a meta loss right there. Losing things meant to keep track of other things :weary:

5 Likes

Especially since it never leaves the house

4 Likes

I blame the toddler :grimacing::woman_shrugging: Usually where I start. Does he have a stashing cupboard? Latte is partial to a drawer in the kitchen, that’s usually where I start. Or the recycling bin for missing paper.

ETA otherwise it’s the dog and I check under the bed.

3 Likes

Did something else get piled on top of them?

Next to your bed/desk? As in, it fell off and is in one of those odd vertical spaces between furniture?

3 Likes

I found my lost earring!! In this case it was somehow under the quilt I fold my bed onto…

12 Likes

The wrenches and hammer are, it turns out, on the shelves NEXT TO the ones where we thought we were putting all the tools, under an empty salsa jar.

6 Likes

Last month I found a magazine I’d been looking for, for years. Sir Terry Pratchett was the Guest of Honor at a WorldCon a few years back. I was at that convention. I had sold all of his work I had, except one piece.

In a pile of very disreputable magazines, there was a slug of British ones. Just checking, I found a story by Terry Pratchett? He was a teenager, or a kid. That was the only piece of his I had left when he wandered by. I got him to sign it. Unfortunately, I didn’t get him to also DATE it, which would have helped.

So, I had this it should be really valuable piece and I couldn’t find it. I was sure I’d tossed it. I didn’t. I found it last month.

The magazine is so disreputible I don’t think I’ll ever be able to sell it. I probably should have tossed it. I lost sleep thinking I’d given it away or tossed it by accident.

I think what I’ll do is ask my former colleagues what they’d do with it? The magazine is still in terrible shape. But how many copies of the first published work by an internationally known author signed at a WORLDCON, where they were the Guest of Honor can there be? And of course, he’s now dead, so he can’t sign any more either.

3 Likes

Where did I put my other Fitbit straps? Mine broke but I know I have spares. Early pandemic I stashed them away … somewhere. I looked by the other cables (micro-USB, power plugs, etc.) and I looked in my bathroom since that’s where I took it off every day but it’s not in the drawer there.

2 Likes

kitchen catch-all / junk drawer?
Dresser drawer / jewelry box?
Dresser drawer - miscellaneous / underwear / socks?

1 Like