đź’Ż What would you do with $100 right now?

HELLO FOLKS! Oh My Dollar! is releasing our 100th episode (!!!) next week. And because we wouldn’t be here without our listeners, I’d love to turn the microphone on y’all to say thanks for everything you have done to make 100 shows possible. So, I’d love to hear what you think in this thread (your comment may be read on air):

If I handed you $100 and you had to use it in the next 24 hours in a way it would have the biggest impact on your life, what would you do with it?

I’d also love to hear anything that OMD has helped you with, or about a show that stuck with you.

**BONUS POINTS**: We'd love to hear your ACTUAL VOICE - which means you'll be on real broadcast radio, as well as on the podcast.

If you’re into that, you can send a voice memo you record on your phone to questions@ohmydollar.com or you can leave a voice message at (503) 877-4338 (no one will pick up, don’t worry!)

:sparkles:I’ve created a special edition forum badge for everyone that submits a voice recording (whether or not it makes the show) available for the next 24 hours. So submit something.

7 Likes

FIRST PERSON TO GET THE BADGE IS @Bracken_Joy

https://forum.ohmydollar.com/badges/113/keepin-it?username=bracken_joy

2 Likes

I’m an overachiever :wink:

2 Likes

You know us so well.

I’ll call as soon as I decide what I would spend it on.

6 Likes

Just called. Also, massage, no question. Didn’t even have to stop to think about it. (I hurt.)

5 Likes

Probably a mattress topper and a fancy eye mask. Sleep is the bane of my existence right now and I can’t buy it outright.

6 Likes

Aww go get yourself a massage @rural - I can at least give you a magic badge!

I like magic badges! No time for a massage at this point until the end of the semester. :slight_smile:

If we are talking biggest immediate impact and since I can’t actually buy time I’d probably buy $100 of healthy semi-convenience food.

OMD helped me roll over an old 457b into my IRA because I really wanted to give myself a money cat sticker in my planner once I completed it. :smiley_cat:

5 Likes

As a “responsible human” I’d pay down some of my highest interest debt.
In an alternate universe which is way more fun, I’d buy a used table saw on Craigslist for home DIY projects and this great denim motorcycle jacket I’ve been eyeing since last autumn (it’s on sale for $30 right now!).

4 Likes

I’d reschedule the tattoo appointment I just cancelled next week, because I was trying to be a responsible human…

3 Likes

I’d hire someone to clean my apartment. It’s been a full on disaster for weeks now, but I don’t have the time or energy to deal with it.

3 Likes

Wooo called in!

I’d put it in investments or towards my highest student loan debt – it’s boring and mathematical but it’s also what gives me the biggest peace of mind.

1 Like

I’d buy the fitbit (exactly $100) that I’m holding off on buying because I don’t need to spend money on it. XD
Or maybe a seltzer water maker.
But basically I would treat it as free HAPPY SPEND money and not as savings.

3 Likes

I diiid it

1 Like

I’d throw it in an IRA, but that’s such a boring answer.

2 Likes

I’ve been thinking about it all day and that’s my answer too. All the other things I want to do that would improve my life either I have money allocated to already or they’re four digits.

5 Likes

Same.

1 Like

This! There’s relatively little in the $100-range that I want right now, or that would make a significant impact on my life. On the other hand, $100 put into my investments = $750 or so in 30 years, which feels like a great deal to me.

So I have to use it in the next 24 hours, and today is Wednesday, that means “babysitter and a meal out” isn’t a good option.

…my brain keeps going back to “fancy fountain pen” so I guess that’s my pick. It would make me happy, at least.

3 Likes