What are you eating?

Potato and onion hash is in progress, because I have a lot of potatoes and onions.

5 Likes

Last night I made kimchi stew, which was super fast and easy. I sauteed up some garlic, ginger, and scallion whites, added turkey stock, soy sauce, and gochujang. After that came to a boil, I added kimchi, soft tofu, and some udon noodles. Topped with the scallion greens.

4 Likes

Leftovers from earlier this week.

1 Like

In my freezer I found: freezerburned beef, freezerburned green beans, and freezerburned ginger. So I made a stirfry. It is surprisingly edible. Also, I made it too spicy. More rice!

6 Likes

Greek yoghurt with homemade seedy granola. Easy and tasty.

2 Likes

Grilled chicken leftover from last nightā€™s bbq, dipped in bbq sauce.

Son convinced my husband to buy lamb chops when they were at the store together! He didnā€™t want to because they are so expensive and, letā€™s be honest, he doesnā€™t like lamb. But he did it and said heā€™d return them if I didnā€™t want that but no way am I letting him return them. I love lamb chops!!! My plan is to grill them. We have almost no vegetables to serve with them. Other than potatoes, but Iā€™m thinking I should feed my family some green things at least once a day.

8 Likes

Ohhh I love lamb. Homf.

3 Likes

Lamb is the best. In have zero regrets on splurging for lamb ribs as the main event for our wedding reception dinner

4 Likes

I knew I liked you.

2 Likes

LAMB AND LEMON POTATOES!!! :grin:

5 Likes

Stir fry of frozen pepper and onion mix and broccoli with shredded chicken. Sauce is soy sauce, a little hot pepper and a little lemon juice, garlic, and then a quarter cup of peanut butter stirred in at the last minute (it melts but thickens the sauce).

1 Like

We got tired of eating the same things over and over the first few weeks of quarantine so lately weā€™ve been stretching our wings a bit:

Lemongrass chicken
Vegetable curry
A soup with tortellini, sausage, vegetables, and cream sauce
Baked mac n cheese with broccoli

And Iā€™d like to make pad thai but more ingredients are needed. And also maybe a variation of peking duck using chicken. I also want to find more meatless dishes that arenā€™t pasta, we already rely on pasta way too much and it seems like a cut time to cut meat consumption.

1 Like

I did end up making peking chicken. The leftover chicken then went into chicken fried rice.

Recent meals:

• Sweet potato/black bean burritos
  • Just prior to going to the grocery store, Kitchen Sink Pasta. Because itā€™s basically an excuse to use up anything that needs using up, like the pepperoni we bought to make pizza.
  • Beef stew with herb dumplings even though itā€™s completely the wrong weather for it. It came out of my Harry Potter cookbook.
  • Marinated chicken over diced potatoes was the night before that, very yummy. Marinade: 2 tbps each orange juice, brown sugar, dijon mustard, oil, and 1 tbsp each paprika, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder. Put the chicken over the potatoes and roast the whole thing, I think it took ~45 minutes. The potatoes got some of the yummy flavor from the chicken, weā€™ll definitely be making this again.
  • Tonight is bacon-wrapped chicken bites and soy-marinated zucchini and probably rice or something on the side. (Uh, so much for using less meat I guess. Oops.)
  • Risotto
4 Likes

Tonight I grilled everything. Steak, zucchini and potatoes! Iā€™d never grilled potatoes before. It was really good.

6 Likes

How did you grill the potatoes? Were they little ones cut in half? Bigger ones cut in discs?

Little ones cut in half. I did boil them first, so maybe thatā€™s cheating. But we still want soft potatoes! Just with grill marks. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Seaweed pizzas (on corn tortillas) with pickled beets hummus and extra pickles

1 Like

cold brewed iced tea made from Twiningsā€™ orange cinnamon rooibos

I couldnā€™t decide if this belonged here, or in the tiny victories

6 Likes

Why not both? :wink: Also, that sounds extremely delicious.

4 Likes