What are you eating?

A salad of rockmelon, blueberries, lettuce and carrot to go with our hotdogs, which were made fancy by adding chopped red onion.

Ak-maks, brie, garlic/mushrooms/cherry peppers marinated in olive oil.

Dinner is a sauce of butternut squash and fried sage over celantani pasta. Recipe: https://cookieandkate.com/creamy-vegan-butternut-squash-linguine-with-fried-sage/ (except I roasted the squash first)

3 Likes

Oh MY. I must make that next week, it sounds divine. Yum yum yum.

Instant pot carnitas and rice.

1 Like

Yesterday morning I made pumpkin bread to use up the kabocha I roasted and we werent eating. https://www.thekitchn.com/pumpkin-bread-recipe-262084 I cheated the pumpkin spice, omitting mace and clove (so just cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, ginger). I think I like it better this way!

Bf doesn’t like pumpkin or pumpkin spice so it’s ALL FOR ME :yum: (Dont worry, I froze some)

2 Likes

About to have a smoked brisket Cobb salad and smoked spicy wings at a local smokehouse. Hubby and I decided to dine out once per week until the baby gets here. :heart: Fitting too- came here for my birthday when I had just found out about the pregnancy! Book ending it with tasty BBQ!

3 Likes

Last night we have breakfast for dinner, pancakes and bacon. After reading about it on the internet I cut up one of kiddo’s chocolate Halloween candies into bits and put it in his pancake. It turned out okay, about the same as having normal chocolate chips in a pancake.

2 Likes

Two ingredient cookies! Using up soft bananas in the best possible way.

2 Likes

Today I have eaten: sweet potato skins, apple peels, pie crust dough, cookie dough. That’s a balanced diet, right?

6 Likes

Tonight is fried hominy, which I haven’t made in far too long.

https://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=1792387

1 Like

@rural – that looks delicious, and I just got a bag of hominy for Christmas! Bookmarking…

I sub turkey smoked sausage, chopped, for the bacon, and add quite a bit more than the recipe calls for to give it enough protein to be a one dish meal.

1 Like

Tonight I’ll be making chicken tinga for nachos.

Lunch today is leftover clam chowder.

Tomorrow night: sous vide rack of lamb, fresh bread, mushroom soup with tarragon and chervil, and brussels sprouts.

3 Likes

how is this thread not way longer??

lunch today- leftover homemade creamy ramen

dinner tonight- fried tacos

1 Like

I was given a bag of very ripe avocados, so for breakfast I have been have avocado toast. I’ve been mixing the avocado with crumbled feta, lemon juice, olive oil, then salt, pepper, some aleppo, sumac, and za’atar. Really good!

4 Likes

On what should be the last day of Christmas dinner leftovers, today I’ve eaten sweet potatoes, stuffing and gravy, green bean casserole, and am about to enjoy the last piece of apple pie. But I still have a serving left of each of sweet potatoes, stuffing, gravy, and green beans, so I’m going to take a risk and eat them tomorrow, too.

Turkey stock is making itself in the instant pot and I still have to make lentil soup with the ham bone.

2 Likes

Today’s dinner is leftover soup and grilled cheese sandwiches using leftover cheese from having friends over last weekend.

Tomorrow will be a baked ziti from the freezer, I made a double batch when I made it originally. Woo for almost no cooking!

3 Likes

Today will be Hopping John over leftover brown rice from last night, collard greens and cornbread. Never let it be said I don’t do any southern food traditions. Of course, no idea what husband will eat as he hates collards and isn’t too sure about blackeyes. Maybe I’ll do that for lunch and cook us both something he likes for supper (it’s my turn).

4 Likes

As part of Snack-uary I’m trying not to let food I have go to waste. So tonight’s dinner (breakfast for dinner) was all items on my to-be-eaten list: eggs, bacon, tomatoes, and feta.

7 Likes