What are you eating?

Did you have something delicious for lunch? Are you planning your dinner for next week? Put it here!

1 Like

This week’s meal plan:
Chicken parm casserole
Vegetarian chili mac
Potato cauliflower soup + grilled cheese
Shepherds pie

The beginnings of next week’s meal plan, shamelessly copy+pasted from other forumite’s ideas:
Egg roll in a bowl
Carrot bisque with drop dumplings and bacon

1 Like

Sunday: Galbi
Monday: Chili Verde
Tuesday: Chicken in Oaxacan Black Mole (no link sadly)
Wednesday: Wings!
Thursday: Salmon in a lemon/dill marinade & broccoli
Friday: Bulgogi Burgers
Saturday: Enchiladas

My life is mostly making and eating food, and occasionally working to afford it.

3 Likes

Y’all making me hungry.

Tonight’s plan is a yellow pumpkin coconut curry with onion, bell pep, cauliflower, maybe some peas, and some shrimp tossed in at the end (sauce = jarred yellow curry sauce mixed with pureed pumpkin and some coconut milk).

2 Likes

Currently: 2nd free pastry from work meeting/presentation.

Bf and I are both busy this week (like, can I pull off 12 hr days? busy) so there will be frozen dumplings and pizza and maybe even McD’s… Time to cook something veg-heady and delectable this weekend though.

Work schedule should return to normal next week, I think?

3 Likes

Peanut butter on toast over the sink.

3 Likes

I WAS eating Greek yogurt with PB and raspberry jam mixed in. I got one bite in and the dog needed out. :roll_eyes:but I look forward to returning to it…

Tonight will probably be leftover stir fry over rice.

ETA: the yogurt was great.

1 Like

I have no freaking plans or supplies for food for the rest of the week (except breakfast tacos) and will need to call on some strength to meal plan proper food while solo.

But for lunch today I had leftover elbow macaroni with a pre-made garlic sauce and sauteed soyrizo, which is the laziest option possible for me, as it mostly involves only stirring and no chopping whatsoever.

2 Likes

My coworker just told me about the most amazing sandwich she made, had one bite, and her baby needed to be fed :laughing:

She had twins first before this kiddo so she’s a pro at nursing whilst stuffing face, but it’s not as satisfying as getting to savor your sammie!

2 Likes

I had a running joke with a long term patient that the microwave beeping made her vent alarm :joy: without fail, the second my lunch was warm, I’d have to go do something and it’d be cold by the time I was done!

2 Likes

We had tacos Al pastor last night and oh my God those are delicious. I think I could eat a different kind of taco every single day and be happy

4 Likes

Pumpkin oatmeal!

2 Likes

Supposedly masa harina cornbread. I had a random half-bag of masa and some sort of bottled egg replacement that my summer tenants left behind, among other things that I’m still googling uses for, and I suspect it’s a combination of a bad choice of recipe and the fact that I’m not a particularly amazing cook in general, but this one falls in the ‘well…it’s almost certainly nonpoisonous…’ category.

1 Like

Tuna, avocado, and bubbies pickles, on saltines, topped with Everything but the Bagel seasoning. Did tuna on saltines all the time growing up, although did it with mayo back then. I’ll take the fiber and vitamins where I can get it now haha. Tasty light lunch. Using the avocado mini pods they sell at Costco, I can even have all this on hand at any time for an emergency meal :+1:

1 Like

Butternut squash soup! It’s one I make every year – just mirepoix, garlic, ginger, squash, water/stock, coconut milk (all blended). It’s falllllll!

4 Likes

Roast butternut squash with butter and maple syrup

6 Likes

Breadsticks that my husband made (and pizza that he made but apparently I forgot to take a picture of that).

4 Likes

Just had leftover pasta with chicken sausage for lunch :yum: Just wish I hadn’t forgotten parmesan!

1 Like

Mmmm one of my favorite threads haha. Just had some cranberry stewed apples and cottage cheese.

Impossible Burger. Accidentally found a restaurant that served it, it was… a burger. Just a normal cheeseburger. Curiosity, and hunger, satisfied.
(Also, so much fries and crap this week. Vacation calories, whee!)

1 Like