Unf*ck Your Brain: memes and more

(For the northern hemisphere folks)

24 Likes

Ugh thank you I need more sunnnnn

4 Likes

Itā€™s 57Ā° and sunny here. I went for an hour long walk with the baby, I have all my windows open, Iā€™m blasting Red Hot chili peppers, and I feel like I just downed eight shots of espresso. :joy: I know this will probably only last today, and it will be back to darkness and rain for several more weeks before the next fake spring, but itā€™s absolutely what I needed right now.

9 Likes

Itā€™s 52 here so once I finish eating food and more caffeine and feeding the insatiable maw of the tiny one we will go for a walk!

8 Likes

Thank you kindly. Itā€™s been such a DULL winter and I have been very angry about it. :rofl:

2 Likes

Not sure if this is the right place for these. But yes, my eyes read 3 x faster than my brain doesā€¦

13 Likes

Oh I definitely skip paragraphs. When tired or when excited to see what happens omg climactic scene ahead

8 Likes

Sometimes I totally have to put my hand over the upcoming paragraphs so my eyes donā€™t jump ahead to whatā€™s gonna happen!

7 Likes

I absolutely do this, especially if thereā€™s a lot of descriptions of things instead of actual conversation/plot.

5 Likes

Not exactly the same but I just stopped reading a book because I read 2 pages (every word!) but forgot the meaning of the paragraphs as soon as they were over.

Trying again after some breakfast.

6 Likes

Good to see Iā€™m not alone here :rofl:.

2 Likes

I totally do that

I do that too! Especially at the end of a chapter when thereā€™s white space, so my eyes are drawn to it.

4 Likes

Loving husband dropped this one on meā€¦(SpeechProf on ā€œtreat yoselfā€)

https://fb.watch/qe2vnss8ef/?mibextid=UVffzb

4 Likes

Whoooooof.

Also love the speech prof.

1 Like

ppl doing everyday things exceptionally well is soothing to me (video)

https://twitter.com/RobbBeaux/status/1758948725076971620

5 Likes

Oh yes. I loved this.

1 Like

You ever see a reel and goā€¦ F*ck.

Instagram

5 Likes

I would like to know why all people (apparently especially women) between the ages of like 30 and 55 are going through the same weird crisis of identity and burnout.

I am in this group and Iā€™m not enjoying it :grimacing: Is there an unsubscribe button?

8 Likes

So this particular video resonated with me specifically re: being a recovering perfectionist which is the kind of niche not usually represented. That monologue is like, straight from my head. I was, of course, deeply offended.

But yes. Tiā€™s the time of life for burnout. Something something pace of life these days?

4 Likes