Unf*ck Your Brain: memes and more

Reviving this one as I did “nothing” this weekend

19 Likes

11 Likes

This essay came up in my journal app a few days ago. So relevant as we approach a new year. And always.

3 Likes

This sounds fake, but also I have had moments where I am like, yes I am a legit competent human. :open_mouth: Usually in an area I used to struggle in.

12 Likes

Full quote

5 Likes

14 Likes

15 Likes

18 Likes

This is one of the best mental health life hacks it have seen.

A similar thing I’ve noticed is that if I don’t want to read, watch TV, or play phone games… I desperately need sleep. Like, I’m not take a break tired at that point, I’m pass the eff out tired.

11 Likes

This reminds me of something I do that recently a friend really liked when I mentioned- so sleep versus working out can be a hard call. My approach is, if I accidentally fall asleep then I can skip the workout that day, and if I’m really not feeling a workout I can skip it BUT I have to go take a legit, lay down in bed nap instead. Started that in pregnancy and kept it going and it’s served me well over the years.

9 Likes

My mom suggested almost the same thing! She said, when she’s feeling tired or listless and isn’t sure if it’s sleep or something else, she lays down on the bed in her least favorite position (on her back) and closes her eyes for 10 mins. If she falls asleep that way, she really needed it. If she doesn’t, she still got a meditative break.

Not sure how that would work with Latte around! :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

Left for future consideration

10 Likes

11 Likes

21 Likes

11 Likes

Mindset inspiration. :grin:

11 Likes

14 Likes

12 Likes

YESSSSS this was like a nice warm bath for my brain