Today I Learned

The “plate” is pretty flimsy with built in stream beds for any sauce to escape.

How cute is this?

14 Likes

12 Likes

Today I learned about the Amen break.

RIP Gregory Coleman.

6 Likes

12 Likes

16 Likes

There is a website for professional organizers (and savvy others) to help them find containers to fit a certain space!

findorganizersthatfit.com

3 Likes

Hmm, I like the concept, but I’m disappointed—the spaces that I most want storage in right now are triangular (behind doors), and this site doesn’t seem to have any triangular storage.

1 Like

Didn’t know that, sorry. I just found the site this morning and haven’t explored it much, yet.

1 Like

Haven’t worked on a spreadsheet for decades. Finally got tired of adding rows to the thing with repeated commands and looked up how to do it in bulk. Yeah, way faster AND easier!

Should have done this a few days ago.

I didn’t look at the site, but same! I have a triangular cabinet and containers for it are v hard to find.

2 Likes

Packaged sandwiches are not 2 halves of one sandwich. 2 sandwiches are stacked, cut, and then you get halves of 2 sandwiches.

Mind broken
https://www.reddit.com/r/Damnthatsinteresting/s/3UBxPuCqd5

11 Likes

I love watching how stuff is made, and now I think I never want to eat a prepackaged sandwich again (especially if it’s ham, that looked so gross) :joy:

4 Likes

Why aren’t the people loading the things onto the sandwiches wearing gloves!!??

Norovirus people! Hepatitis! Geez.

6 Likes

According to the Reddit comments, regularly washing hands is more hygienic than gloves. It still looks disgusting to me!

2 Likes

Yeah, I am sure they get lots of breaks to wash their hands.:rofl:. Though once a surface is contaminated, it doesn’t matter.

A frightening number of people don’t wash their hands after using the bathroom.

7 Likes

TIL how scientists test for anxiety in animals like lab mice. From a footnote in the book Ultra Processed People (which is a good read so far) talking about synthetic emulsifiers

9 Likes

Eleven different responses to insults

7 Likes

10 Likes

I love learning this! Because McDonalds Coke is different and I’ve always wondered why.

6 Likes