Today I Learned

16 Likes

18 Likes

Sea monsters were very, very real.

5 Likes

No.

3 Likes

14 Likes

What a discrete option multiple choice test is.
They are much harder than a multiple choice test where you see all four answers at once. No, you decide yes or no for each option. More than one may be correct. You may get one option, or multiple options. Try a sample test to see it in action.

https://domc.caveon.com/home

5 Likes

12 Likes

I started feeling like “what a nice place to visit” and ended feeling like “nope, lol”.

3 Likes

13 Likes

Fuckers

3 Likes

This is true of everything- lots of zero sugar foods are just small serving sizes and rounding. A huge problem for people with diabetes that have a hard time managing their levels.

13 Likes

I actually have it on my list based on this video. Highly recommended to watch to the end if you like polar bears at all.

(Non Canadians, Rick Mercer was a comedian / news person before it was cool)

3 Likes

I’m not at all surprised. Pickles are often listed as zero calories. After hearing how many rat hairs are allowed / can of tuna decades ago, I have never looked at prepared food the same way.

Ironically, I had a tuna salad sandwich earlier.

5 Likes
4 Likes

Ahhhh I love purslane! Makes an amazing fluffy texture when added to a smoothie.

3 Likes

Another one that caught my eye:

4 Likes

12 Likes

13 Likes

12 Likes

The origin of “ballet flats” is that during shoe rationing (World War II), you could buy literal ballet slippers without a “shoe coupon,” so women started wearing those as shoes.

15 Likes