Today I Learned

Wait, what is it made of then? I thought it was iced tea + alcohol.

2 Likes

apparently it’s just the colour of iced tea. It’s made with vodka, tequila, light rum, triple sec, gin, and a splash of cola. perhaps some lemon or lime juice.

4 Likes

Yeah LOLOL those are pure booze and :100: how to get fucked up.

5 Likes

I used to like the Long Beach variant, where the coke is replaced with a splash of cranberry

3 Likes

so cold brew peach + chai iced tea with a splash of rum and ginger/lemon balm syrup doesn’t have a name, but I can say it was quite refreshing after an after-dinner walk.

5 Likes

That is the kind I like.

2 Likes

It’s actually alchemy that turns the alcohol and stuff into iced tea. It truly has an iced tea flavour. Maybe it’s my 2021 drink

6 Likes

Today I learned that ‘draught’ is pronounced the same as ‘draft’

I guess I had always thought it was a different word pronounced similarly to drought?

7 Likes

I always pronounce it “drawt” in my head and then have to correct to “draft.”

3 Likes

Tropical savannah biome of northern Australia has several species of raptors known to intentionally spread wildfires by carrying burning sticks in their talons and dropping them elsewhere in order to flush out prey.

7 Likes

Today the puppies and I learned that the drive-through tellers at our bank keep dog cookies on hand and send them out through the little drawer when they meet dogs in cars.

18 Likes

I also keep dog cookies on hand at work so if you ever feel like visiting Michigan… :grin::service_dog::service_dog:

7 Likes

There’s a natural rubber shortage. (Increased PPE and tire demand, decreased tree production due to a fungus and climate change, 90% comes from Thailand so the overall shipping container issue is at play)

9 Likes

Tactile maps make so much sense.

4 Likes

Some people really want women to smile in every visual representation

8 Likes

Today I learned labor laws are a joke.

9 Likes

Woah.

2 Likes

:upside_down_face:
Most places provide breaks, but this lesson brought to you by my annoyance that my workplace is returning to 10 minute breaks instead of 15 minute breaks because the longer ones were a COVID consideration and that’s “over.” We also get a paid lunch so it’s ~fine~ but LOL to my idea that the state might have rules…

8 Likes

I wonder when that changesd, because that didn’t used to be the law here (the breaks used to be mandatory for everyone).

1 Like

I found this whole video fascinating:

2 Likes