Tiny Victories

i just saw a thing where someone grated up frozen strawberries and poured a little condensed milk on the top and i was like 🫨

8 Likes

Oh, that is also a good idea hnnnghhhh

4 Likes

Brigadeiro is a solid go to for using up sweetened condensed milk.

Pour 1 can into sauce pot on medium, add 5 spoons of nesquik powder, stir it so no lumps form, occasionally scrape the bottom of the pan and sides. When you scrape the bottom and it takes 2 to 3 seconds for the mix to cover it again, it is ready. Pour into a bowl or whatever and stick in the fridge to cool. Then either eat with a spoon or slather your hands in butter and make little balls rolled in sprinkles for a more traditional fancy look.

9 Likes

My neighbor brought me apple strudel last night and I just remembered so now I get to have it for breakfast!

20 Likes

Finally dealt with categorizing all my Amazon purchases in Monarch. Between husbands work stuff and some subscribe and save, then some purchases and returns, I’d fallen way behind.

8 Likes

Whoa. A client who just ordered his kitchen last week sent me a thank you card for my help. It had a $500 check in it. :exploding_head: we rarely get cards and basically never get gifts. I’ve probably gotten 2 gifts in 30 years.

31 Likes

Save the card for your annual report.

3 Likes

My boss actually opened the card because he didn’t see that it was addressed to me. His response was “sorry I opened your mail but holy crap!” Ha.

12 Likes

You have a very happy customer!!

3 Likes

Managed just shy of 15lbs of peppers from scratch and dent (got there just as they were dumping out the crates). And was then efficient and processed ~1/2 of them for freezing when I got home with the rest ready to go tomorrow. Would be an even bigger victory if I’d remembered the gloves before I started on the hot peppers, but so it goes.

12 Likes

There was a house centipede in the sink this morning, normally I would ignore it and let it continue eating other bugs, but N has a big job interview today and really hates them, so I relocated it outside. I also did not tell them I did this. Not really a tiny victory but I don’t know where else to post to get my spouse of the year award, hahah

23 Likes

Excellent spouse-ing!

3 Likes

Despite a somewhat comical number of mishaps today, I’m actually having a really good day, AND I get snuggles from darling Kitty.

18 Likes

I got $8 Loop earplug knock offs, with low expectations. But they’re great! I can sleep comfortably on my side with them in and they block a lot of noise.

A small but very nice life upgrade, for $8.

19 Likes

This find should be started with the forums!
Loops are great and cheap fake Loops sound even greater.

7 Likes

Link link link link link

1 Like

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0C9HWR3T9?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

There are also multi packs of this type. I’m ordering more next time.

4 Likes

I opened the spreadsheet/data base I’ve been building the past 3 months to find it double printed???

WTF?

Told DH about it, he’s working --therefore, the tech. expert I live with couldn’t attend my problem… so I used “the google academy of tech. advice.” Somehow, I saved a 2nd copy atop my first. I managed, despite a not-great write up to fix the problem. YAY!

Many, many times, the fix is… DH fixes it. I hate that. I try and do things without him, and he ends up doing it anyway. BUT NOT THIS TIME!
:clap: :grin: :balloon: :clap: :grin: :balloon: :clap: :grin: :balloon:

21 Likes

Good job you!

2 Likes

I sent a series of songs from my bed to the downstairs TV and was rewarded with ice cream. The future of obnoxious middle age is HERE

11 Likes