Tiny Victories

It’s been proper grim down south where I am. We also need a whole word for it. Related: we just bought a SAD lamp. :+1:t2:

Glad you got to the beach it looks wonderful.

3 Likes

That’s my tomorrow job.

1 Like

Same! Plus some windows washed, all new textiles washed from Christmas, new stuff mainly has homes.

Biggest victory though: first baby giggles. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

16 Likes

Leaving the chaos of home to visit others for a few days. We can deal when we get back.

7 Likes

my tiny victory is that i finally got all the decorations up on christmas eve. now i’ll probably leave them up till like february :laughing:

15 Likes

Best victory!

2 Likes

Please don’t fall :sweat_smile::smile:

18 Likes

ooo those look so good!! Where are the shelves from?

1 Like

It looks so good! Love that you are a two copies of Infinite Jest family.

1 Like

lol isn’t it gross? DH won’t let me give one (or both! Like we’ll ever read it again) away

2 Likes

We made them! Supplies from evil Home Depot bc Lowes didn’t have the white brackets in stock. And then cut wood to size. They’re not perfect—ideally would paint or stain the shelves to blend in even more or at least be finished? But they’ll do for now. We rent so my budget was no more than $200 and I nailed it (once I return the black brackets…)

8 Likes

Aaaaaand rest of the room rearranged to make more space for Ravioli to play! Still a bunch of piles of things to donate or gift but my mental state is already exhaling a bit. The old setup just wasn’t working for us anymore

17 Likes

Oh wow! I want to do this! Would you mind sharing the details of the brackets and what size wood you used? I think my dad could definitely help me put this together for my living room shelves.

Also…what am I missing with Infinite Jest? Did I just give up to early? I tried so hard but I could not make it past 20 pages into that book. Does it get good?

4 Likes

Your room makes me so happy :grin:

3 Likes

So so good!

1 Like

It looks great with the books!

2 Likes

You can’t even see the fact that we had to place the last bracket support an uneven distance lol

5 Likes

Not at all, I’ll try to piece together with links! It was super easy and cost effective! Plus we can take all the pieces with us when we go.

I did IJ as a book club in undergrad with friends; it was so fun and the peer pressure kept me going when I hit a boring tennis patch or something lol. DH did a high school class on it! They had like special interest classes that only ran a semester during his senior year. So we didn’t read it together per se…but it is funny that we have two of the giant books, and different covers even!

4 Likes

It looks so good @noodle !!!

1 Like

I called the internet company due to a password reset infinite loop. The call lasted 35 minutes and I did not loose my temper even when I was somehow transferred to the Spanish language help department at about 25 minutes into the call. (I do not speak Spanish.) They did fix my pw, though.

12 Likes