Tiny Victories

I met @chavala in Cairo today!

19 Likes

I guess the 10 minutes of exercise I’ve managed for each of the last 4 days might do something if I keep it up??

I sure hope so because I have no other time lol

ETA sorry the headline focuses on fat metabolism when the actual article talks about building cardiorespiratory fitness and improving markers of insulin sensitivity, which is what I’m focused on here!!

12 Likes

Two hours of stupid meetings where I got to crochet at work

4 Likes

I have water again.

Water main broke in my neighborhood at ~2pm yesterday, and the fix involved ~18 hrs of work including taking down a giant tree and a hole in the middle of the street which I’m sure was fun for all involved. Cleanup will be a mess, but at least I can shower before the dinner with visiting company <random upper-level visitors> tonight.

9 Likes

It’s lemon water day at work. Instead of cantaloupe water or apple water :face_vomiting:

I got new headphones for Hanukkah and they worked immediately with the computer I got in the office today. Noise cancelling. No one is sitting by me. It’s just me, my lemon water, my headphones, and the work queue.

10 Likes

Just made myself chuckle by remembering when my old baby manager used cue where he should have used queue. Many times. In an internally published document that everyone read a lot. Lol

10 Likes

Day 5 of 8 of my personal Hanukkah workout challenge where I exercise 10 min a day every day of Hanukkah lol. Idk why I find this so funny but I do. And it feels nice!

12 Likes

Like picture a “Booty Blaster” VHS but also there’s a random menorah. SNL, make this happen

9 Likes

18 Likes

10/10 for muscle tov

7 Likes

Finally found my daughters Allen wrench :joy: she had tightened down her busy board so much I couldn’t undo that one manually, and she couldn’t remember where she’d put the Allen wrench that goes with it. Solved: she had filled her baby sisters Christmas stocking with a tape measure, her smallest magnifying glass (“because (Luna) is so small”) and the Allen wrench.

Busy board no longer enraging for her :joy: victory.

19 Likes

That’s so cute I absolutely can’t stand it. :heart::heart::heart:

5 Likes

She’s so friggin sweet with the baby.

6 Likes

I can’t breathe, laughing too hard

3 Likes

Took out the recycling. Received word the baby ate his entire lunch. In-laws have him for dinner (no, not to EAT) so DH and I can hopefully get some of the dining room transformation done. Look at this cute spot!

18 Likes

The baby slept past 3 today. Maybe even past 5. For the first time in what feels like forever. Weeks. Maybe two months? Let this be the start of a new sleep pattern.

12 Likes

I posted in TC yesterday that Oliver had developed a cough, but I think I figured out what it was. He’s been on a doggy NSAID for almost 3 weeks now, and I think it was irritating his digestive tract/esophagus. I stopped giving it to him yesterday morning to test my theory and by the evening he had stopped coughing and hasn’t coughed at all today. We are still going to the vet tomorrow so I can tell them and make sure nothing else is going on. But I’m just happy for him that he isn’t coughing every 2 min anymore!

18 Likes

Tried a new brand of eggnog and it’s not too sweet and delicious with spiced rum!

8 Likes

Final assignment for the semester is done & dusted!

11 Likes

My IRA hit a new milestone number! Not including my additions, it has gone up 20% this year. Whoa.

15 Likes