Tiny Victories

My hastily concocted buttered stewed tomato and mozzarella salad got through airport security with no questions asked so i didn’t have to throw out that at least.

(Tc - very good yogurt was left at hotel because i overpurchased)

8 Likes

That’s amazing!!! I always get “randomly selected” haha.

3 Likes

It’s amazing how “random selection” works, isn’t it. :upside_down_face:
(sorry :heart: This is partner’s lot in life as well, in her case because she is almost always traveling with lots and lots of weird looking computer stuff. She gets “randomly selected” almost every single time.)

5 Likes

Yep, travel with enough dissected computer hardware and they get suspicious. Even with global entry stuff I usually get to pause while they open up my carry on.

2 Likes

Or weirdly enough, Magic the Gathering cards lol

4 Likes

They got us stopped on the first leg, but not this one!

1 Like

Or try medical equipment, like portable light books or blood pressure monitors. Guaranteed they stop you to check your bag.

2 Likes

Huge medical victories to start the new year! Scheduled a mole removal appt that I’d been putting off, I thought to ask for Xanax for the day-of and they gave it to me, AND I successfully sat up for a blood draw that I usually lie down for. Go Bern go!

19 Likes

Go Bern go!

2 Likes

My husband and I briefly chatted about what I would have for a quick lunch while he started to put away groceries. I went upstairs to put on my slippers and bring down some recycling, and when I got back he had opened everything for my lunch and gotten it all set up on the table for me :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

20 Likes

I just discovered the local No Frills will price match the Metro grocery store flyer. The shadowy one prefers to just walk to the relevant stores rather than ask for price matches, but Metro is out of the way sometimes, and our other local price-matching grocery store doesn’t consider them a competitor.

9 Likes

I have some exciting stuff brewing but I’m afraid to say it in case it doesn’t happen. But I think it will happen. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

22 Likes

Just that it COULD happen is a victory! Yay for exciting maybe things!

5 Likes

I agree! :slight_smile: Because even if it doesn’t happen I get all this time to be happy and excited about it!

5 Likes

Today’s victory is that Billy Porter exists.

19 Likes

You know how you have kings, queens and dancers at carnival/caribana? I want to be one of their back up crew. Around the greatbess. But wearing a toned down version

3 Likes

My new power rack came in 10 boxes! I broke down the really long boxes for recycling but filled the other ones with neatly rolled bubble wrap and pieces of foam. Someone picked it all up today, plus a tall box I had forgotten in the corner filled with more foam pieces and plastic. Yay for reuse!!

I feel like half my TV’s are “someone came and took my unwanted stuff” :laughing:

11 Likes

I got the most beautiful thank you note from someone for something that was so simple and easy for me to do, but incredibly meaningful to them. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: And I have fun plans today!!!

16 Likes

This is the best, that feeling of positive sum everyone wins! It makes me love that we’re all so different.

2 Likes

My screen time is down almost 50% since getting puppers! I am honestly so tired after he goes to bed that even though I can have screen time, I end up just staring into the ether until I go to bed :joy:

17 Likes