Tiny Confessions

Any little things that you might feel a twinge of guilt about, but are oh so satisfying.

I will start - our dog barks and barks (nags) Spouse until Spouse gives in and Dog gets his way. I shouldn’t enjoy this bad behavior, but I do.

9 Likes

Sometimes I “forget” to tell my husband about candy I have. And I “accidentally” put it somewhere I know he won’t look. :joy:

14 Likes

I’ve told Spouse to empty the pockets of his dirty clothes, and that if I find money, I am keeping it. I never tell him when I find money. I sometimes tell him when I find Kleenex.

16 Likes

Sometimes my husband can’t remember where he put something and I happened to notice it but I don’t tell him where it is unless we’re going to be late for something otherwise. I’m trying to get him to put his things where they belong instead of leaving them in random places, and to stop and think about where we keep things instead of just asking me immediately. So helping him out would be rewarding behavior that bothers me.

9 Likes

I think I forgot to tap on when I took public transit this morning. I decided to walk the remainder of my way instead of transferring to the other line just in case and to save the $3.

5 Likes

My husband does this all of the time. With everyday objects like his keys. It is not as bad as it used to be. He got very angry when I would just say “warmer” or “colder” as he wandered around the house looking for something. But I kept doing it - sorry / not sorry.

7 Likes

Since you and Spouse have separate finances, do you record your pocket change findings as income?

3 Likes

No, I am too lazy! I think the most I have found is a bit over $1.50 - so I am not getting rich. And it only happens a few times per year. Kleenex, on the other hand, I find that in just about every clothing item with pockets.

4 Likes

Oooh I need to do this. I am currently the finder of things and it infuriates me

4 Likes

I like the warmer/colder idea but it also means I admit to knowing where stuff is.

3 Likes

I have a work party tonight. I invited my husband to be nice, but was actually glad when he declined.

10 Likes

Hahaha! Love it. My spouse isn’t really comfortable at those things either, so it was better when he didn’t go because he came off as kind of a prick.

2 Likes

True. I guess that was my first mistake.

Right? I’ll have more fun if I’m not worried about him being bored and wanting to leave.

1 Like

I “forgot” to buy a gift for a white elephant gift exchange so that I didn’t have to participate.

8 Likes

Today? Someone at the event I was at today also “forgot” a gift.

5 Likes

LOL, no, this was a couple of days ago.

1 Like

I was too lazy to go upstairs and change my socks, or to darn the hole in the toe this morning, so instead I just switched which foot the hole is on so that it wasn’t on the big toe where it would get larger.

6 Likes

I do this … often.

3 Likes

I’ve had this article on my to-read list for a while:

Every time I read the title my brain goes “I AM THE DWEAD PIWATE WOBERTS. THEWE WILL BE NO SUWVIVOWS.”

This is entirely inappropriate for the serious and important subject of the article…

6 Likes