Tiny Complaints

I dropped $200 cash on the ground somewhere.

9 Likes

Four year old has strep.

We had to go to urgent care on the 7 year old’s birthday, when all three grandparents and both sets of our siblings were here all day. Now we can’t get antibiotics until tomorrow because everything is closed, and my throat has been slightly weird all day and I don’t know if I’m also sick or if I’m paranoid.

She has been sick so often this year. It’s sad, but also we’re running out of sick time and stamina for staying at home with a sick kid

10 Likes

I was sad so I made cake, but then I ate the cake and now I’m trying to go to bed but I’m way too full

8 Likes

Oh, that SUUUCKS.

Silver lining perspective, if you want to hear it

You might have really made someone’s day who found the money. I’d like to think that it was found by someone who was broke and stressed about money and it made a significant positive impact on their life.

10 Likes

I’ve been married for 10 years, and we’ve been together for 14, and somehow my husband still doesn’t understand that sometimes I want commiseration, not solutions for / justification of / minimization of my problems and irritations, lol. :woman_facepalming:

9 Likes

That is what I am choosing to think.

5 Likes

Bread crusts sitting in container for 6 months of procrastinating - took 10 seconds in chopper to make into crumbs. Why, procrastinator, why do you do this to yourself? Sigh.

I’m continuing to try to do the little things that have been sitting around forever that are 5-15 min jobs because I don’t want to do my paint touch ups. Going to try to force through it today even though I wanted my task of the day to be to read a book.

8 Likes

I did a paint touch up last week. It took longer to open the can and stir than it did to paint. I think I stared at the spots for about 5 months.

6 Likes

That’s why I hate painting! I don’t mind the actual painting, but it’s the setup and cleanup that I dread. I told Friend Contractor that when he’s here I’ll have him do that stuff and then I don’t mind painting all day!

Well I read a book and sat outside for the afternoon…now the lighting may not be ask good for the touch ups…

1 Like

That’s too bad! Maybe next weekend. :rofl:

1 Like

I hear a rumor that there exist people who can use a sunscreen more than 2-3 times in their lives before feeling like someone took sandpaper to their cheeks. This seems made up.

6 Likes

Complaint: Why do so many people that I work with initiate a conversation/discussion about something to work on as a team or something that needs a near-term solution and then completely ghost the conversation - don’t email back don’t, don’t Slack back…. Nothing.
This happens weekly. Every few days.
I’m an excellent communicator, I summed it up with bullet points, and perhaps even a little color organizing in the last email.
Please respond?

8 Likes

Sometimes I felt like more I communicated, the less others did. Like I ended up with all of the emotional baggage of communicating.

3 Likes

This is so true.
I literally hopped back on slack right before the workday ended and watched in real time as someone I had asked a specific question to put their notifications on mute.
Cool man, talk tomorrow I guess….

2 Likes

Laziness? Antipathy? Not toward you, but about the work in general. The just-don’t-wannas?

2 Likes

I bit my tongue as I was eating an ice cream bar and I could see tiny spots of blood on the ice cream.

6 Likes

Yeah. It seems like many folks are having bursts of energy/commitment and then gliding into general apathy since the company was acquired.
They still haven’t fully signed off, so we don’t know if they’re just going to wipe us out or not, and that feeling has been showing.
Like 25% of my team has quit over the last ~2 months and the rest of us are in a weird holding pattern and can’t actually do much.

4 Likes

The lady with an office just behind my cube has been loudly on the phone for the 2 hours I’ve been at work. With her door WIDE OPEN.

7 Likes

We are taking our Scouts on a long-planned trip to Ottawa this weekend.

There is a fire burning, not too far from Ottawa, and the air quality sucks
J2 vomited last night and again this morning, and is currently sound asleep.

6 Likes