Tiny Complaints

I made a mistake and doubled my kid’s medication. It was a misunderstanding on my part, but the pharmacy just called and doesn’t believe me, based on tone. So not only have I been overdosing my child, I gained a reputation as an abuser or seller of prescription medication. Cool.

8 Likes

:frowning: :frowning: :frowning:
HUGS

1 Like

“Showers this morning, becoming a steady rain during the afternoon hours”

DAMN. IT. ALL.

I really need the ground to dry out a little. Really.

5 Likes

Riffing off of one of my Tony Victors the other day… I am, in fact, not under budget for food this month because I forgot I had paid for a meal out and a coffee out in cash this month. So I am $28 over budget. Well shit.

3 Likes

I’m going away for three weeks this summer and need dogsitters. Daisy is energetic and untrustworthy so I have to pay for her care. Fine. But sprocket is a well behaved delight so a couple different friends are willing to take him for free.
Last night sprocket did a trial run with one friend. He tried to kill her cat. SPROCKET WHY YOU DO?

So now hopefully the other friend is still ok with taking him.

Sigh.

7 Likes

This doesn’t feel tiny. I learned just now that my tenants had a home security system installed at the rental house then never paid anything, and now the bills have been sent to collections in my name.
I am pissed off.

7 Likes

Definitely not tiny. Grr at the tenants on your behalf. Is their lease up any time soon?

Wtfucking fuck. You need to raise he’ll. I remember not being able to get internet k. Rentals bc I needed a landlord sign off. So the security company has now altered your property without permission. Thru pay ylj

2 Likes

Yeah I didn’t know how it is in Canada, but here I always have to sign stuff saying I have landlord permission/knowledge.

I’m following up with collections and the alarm company.
It looks like under provincial law I have the right to evict for a couple of different reasons. My conflict-adverse ass doesn’t want to. It would mean losing half my income until the place is re-rented and fixing the place up between tenants will cost a lot. Both of these are the cost of doing business as a landlord, but I still want to avoid them if possible.
Also safety in that neighbourhood has taken a nosedive in the last couple of years so finding a new tenant might be really hard.
Also I suspect that the tenants would not go quietly. I don’t want them destroying the house on the way out, out of spite. I don’t want to deal with the residential tenancies board if they dispute the eviction, which they probably would.
So if I can get this sorted without eviction I will.

On the other hand I could sell the house with tenants in place and live happily ever after…

3 Likes

Maybe not ideal, but this would be my conflict averse way of dealing with it.

(I should probably never be a landlord.)

1 Like

I texted my realtor friend and it took him half an hour to find a potential buyer. On paper the numbers are better if I keep the place, but I don’t want it. Money in the bank doesn’t call when the toilet is clogged or commit fraud.

11 Likes

Little bro is supposedly moving out here and dogsitting for a friend in exchange for free rent. However, they are horrible at communication and I’m constantly getting texted by one of them to ask the other one if they got their text/email.

5 Likes

Someone is doing construction in a nearby apartment, and the sounds are annoying!

My other half at work is on vacation this week and people keep acting like it’s business as usual and requiring that I do work. I don’t wanna do work, I was to go home and take a nap.

1 Like

My request of the weather yesterday has gone unacknowledged. It is raining. Again.

Like, I really, really need to do outdoor things! Garden! Lawn! Patio cleanup! Gah.

1 Like

Husband’s work is really ramping up the bullshit for his last couple weeks on. He should be done at the end of next week, but it’ll be hard won. Poor guy. I can tell he so WANTS to just check out, but that’s antithetical to like… him. So he’s trudging through. I need to figure out something to do as a pick me up/reward/whatever that doesn’t undermine something else he’s trying to work on, like junk food or booze.

8 Likes

A massage?

A movie, concert, hike, picnic, …

2 Likes

When I feel like shit, having someone cook me a nice meal and then like… sit me down and read to me or put on a movie I really love is what I want most of the time. Maybe take me for a walk.

I am essentially a golden retriever and what makes me feel best is getting walked, fed, and petted, basically.

7 Likes

We’re about to go on vacation though, so trying not to spend any extra money! :grimacing: I could probably do a massage though. Hmm.

2 Likes