Tiny Complaints

I tried to be a person who wears sunscreen on her face every day but it turns out that every sunscreen in existence will make my skin fall off if I use it every day. My cheekbones are raw.

11 Likes

Pie charts

2 Likes

Pie is great.
Charts are great.

Why does the combo fail??

4 Likes

hahahha.

But seriously. When there are only a few categories, and the size difference between them is large, they’re ok. But there’s pretty much never a time when it wouldn’t be better represented with something else. Humans are inherently bad at gauging radial area.

Then you get the ones that have all the tiny, tiny slices and you can’t see a damn thing. In general, bar charts are a better way to represent the data.

4 Likes

My doctor wants me to try opiates. This is a line that I’m afraid to cross.

Not complaints: I was given clear direction regarding how vulnerable I am to complications of covid, and now know how much risk I should be taking. It’s a hard no to going to the gym but I should go back to physio and massage and the other therapies that make me better.

16 Likes

In my experience, blue over unbleached hair doesn’t come out as intended. I can’t even describe the color my grown out roots turned. Sort of a teal-tinged brown? Such a bummer. But, blue dye was what I had in the house.

2 Likes

I have a tummyache.

1 Like

Sad sad sad our amazing vet has left the practice and moved out of state. Very happy however that it’s because his wife is pregnant and they want to be closer to family since he had mentioned to me several times that they were trying over the last year.

But boo to having to find a new vet at the practice that I like as much as him, he was amazing.

9 Likes

The file that is the outcome of 5+ months of very stressful work keeps freezing up when syncing to one drive. When it finally unfreezes (it better!) I am going to save it locally on my computer (which is exactly what I am Not supposed to do) because this is been happening all morning and I am ready to throw my computer. There was a real chance this file would be finalized and sent out to stakeholders today and I feel it’s slipping away… I seriously need to be done with this project!

4 Likes

Every few months Pandora stops working in one browser of my work computer and I have to switch browsers.

1 Like

Oh, that sucks so much. A good vet is priceless. Ours quit and took a break and then moved around a bit and we were SO excited when she opened a practice that is not terribly hard for us to get to (though does require zipcar, or Lyft in non-pandemic times).

1 Like

It is really nice out and I am dying to go outside but I have a lot of work to do today so cannot leave my desk.

I wished my wifi extended reliably out to the back deck. It is sometimes OK but sometimes craps out, which I wouldn’t care about if losing server access while working on InDesign documents wasn’t a Really Really Bad Thing.

1 Like

I want to go outside and plant lettuce but that means leaving the house which means either being uncomfortable because I’m exposed or uncomfortable because I’m wearing a bra.

1 Like

Oh, you are going to take me SERIOUSLY? OK.

Honestly, there are a lot of bad charts and graphs out there - ideally the chart/graph summarizes data and makes some conclusion clear. But lots of them obfuscate what might be going on - but they look fancy andthe software has it and the person got the software to poop out this cart with fancy colors so it must be good! Right?

4 Likes

The skating pads I was very excited to get are way too small despite the size chart saying they would fit.

6 Likes

Exploding 3D pie charts for days.

I had just seen a viz someone did using pie charts at different points on a map to show something about breakdown of expenses by location and was worried about doing my part to make sure it never happened again

5 Likes

Motion sick again. I need to figure out what I’m doing wrong/differently, because coming home to lie still in bed every afternoon is inconvenient.

3 Likes

Boo, how disappointing. I hope you can exchange for a bigger size, I want to see the pretty pads with the pretty skates!

2 Likes

Krmithound got stung by a bee and is being a total diva about it (and mr krmit and I are being total helicopter dog owners about it).

12 Likes

I had to explain to a team member that we were not going to send out a survey to 150 people to ask if they remembered getting an email from us last week and whether they opened it or found the content valuable.

I don’t think this team member understands why I was mean, which is why I can’t trust them on their own.

9 Likes