Tiny Complaints

My OT ran half an hour late today :frowning:

1 Like

I’m sick again. My throat hurts. My eyes hurt. This cold is in a part of my sinuses that is uncomfortable for everything around it, instead of just dripping out of my nose like a sensible cold.

I don’t even know why I keep getting colds and am thinking I may have to look into, IDK, probiotics and prebiotics and such? Vitamin C? Gargling and swimming in salt water to kill everything off?

5 Likes

Nooooooooooo.

Are there salt water ducks, or only fresh water?

2 Likes

I can’t tell whether I have allergies or the start of a cold.

I got the first ice cream of my holiday, had one lick, then a mob of seagulls took it right out of my hand. :sob:

9 Likes

Husband is sick, enough he’s agreed to go to the doctor today. He never gets sick, and the last time he went to the doctor for an illness was years ago. Worried.

6 Likes

I’m still pregnant. (Today is my due date).

15 Likes

I am four shots of espresso deep and my eyes still won’t open all the way this morning.

I’m usually at about six shots a day, but usually about halfway through that I’m at least feeling awake… ugh

10 Likes

Additional complaint (because I am grumpy)…

About a week ago my left armpit started smelling like absolute rotten hot garbage. Like it doesn’t even smell like my sweat, it smells like somebody else’s offensive rank.
I have three deodorants that I rotate and any one of them only lasts about 45 minutes on it.

Right armpit is business as usual.

What the hell body?

*edited to add that on my way to my first appointment today a truck rock-kicked me and now my windshield has a big chip. Cool cool.

8 Likes

Ooooh. I love this problem so I will force others to listen to me talk about gross problems my armpits have had

If you examine the offensive armpit can you see a pimple/cyst/ingrown hair or white or coloured “milky” build up?

If no, is the skin otherwise intact?

My solution kit would be to scrub and exfoliate armpit and dry well. Then to sanitize with rubbing alcohol/ hand sanitizer, then to apply a zinc oxide product (lavalin$$$$, sudocrem is a baby rash cream and very effective, calamine lotion is less effective but could be kicking around) I would repeat this process once or twice a day. I would also wipe off the top of and alcoholize all current deodorants. If you can’t tolerate daily exfoliating scrubs, do a baking soda scrub like twice a week during this intensive phase.

A few days after offensive pit is being well behaved, you can try using deodorant instead. There is a chance that one of the three deodorants inexplicably can never be friends with that armpit ever again because armpits are funny like that. My armpits trained me well on stench management

8 Likes

My right side sinuses were in rinse able today and are invading that ear

A certain person in my life is being dumb. I understand what started it off, but they’re doubling down and making their own life worse. I’m trying to figure out how to have a conversation with them about it that won’t turn into a fight but it will probably turn into a fight. :unamused:

6 Likes
  • My body is being awful. Some of it might be meds side effects, but I have no idea how much would be that and how much is just my garbage body*. So if I go off the meds will I get worse or better? There is not a single person that can help me with that particular question.

• Two weeks ago I got two hours of real, proper sleep. That’s it for the past month or so. I have been constantly interrupted by kids and animals and roommates and generally sleeping terribly. I’m getting progressively crankier and less capable.

• Not being able to do stairs or walk properly for three-ish weeks is making me feel urgency about the renovation. Letting the dogs out or answering the door or getting food all seem impossible right now. But I need to finish the kitchen table then finalize plans then bring in the right contractors then pick materials then… It’s going to take a few months, at least, and I don’t feel qualified to be making these decisions. Also it is going to be expensive and spending money causes me existential dread, not matter how reasonable the expenditure.

• I gave Terrible Roommate until Dec 1 to move out. He doesn’t appear to be looking for a place. I strongly suspect that he will just announce that he hasn’t found a new home and so is staying. At that point do I kick him and his awful dog and his mountains of vermin-attracting hoarded garbage into the street? I think he’s betting that I won’t. And will I? I don’t know. I hate conflict. It’s pointless to worry over this right now but when has pointlessness ever stopped me from worrying?

*not bodyshaming myself or having self image issues, here. My body is a legit lemon and the warranty is not being honoured.

12 Likes

I have been at work for an hour and a half and I am ready to go home. And by that I mean I’ve exhausted new stuff on omd and I’m bored. Why am I lazy.

7 Likes

Oh no I relate to that a little too much

6 Likes

For the renovation, can you start having your social worker find you contractors and architects and tax deductions and whoever is needed and start setting up meetings while the banquet is being built? There will be lag time between official meetings and starting to do construction.

Everything is a streaming pile of shit. But I will bring a baby for you to visit in the next year. It will be small and useless.

9 Likes

I don’t know why but this cracked me up XD

8 Likes

Small and useless babies are excellent.

The social worker I met with that time seemed great, but turns out to only do three things or so. When it became clear that those aren’t the three things I need I never heard from her again. sad trombone noise

I have a carpenter that will oversee most of the build, but it’s an old house and a small budget so I will have to be a lot more hands on than a fancy person having a suburban mcmansion built for them. A big part of cost savings is me locating and retrieving building materials for much less than they would cost new. So it’s a big project for me.

I have a big puzzle regarding how to finish the banquette. Standard tables don’t fit. So I found a furniture maker and am asking for a quote. Maybe I can throw money at the problem instead of sourcing all the materials and doing most of the work myself? But I can’t do that every time.
Edit to add: quote for table is $2500. Lololol. Looks like I’m learning to build a table.

I want someone to step in and take over for me. With kid needs and issues or life logistics or reno stuff or anything, really. But that isn’t a thing so I will make more coffee.

6 Likes

Ikea table legs plus slab of wood that fits. Drill holes. Screw on legs.

If anyone gets splinters they have just volunteered to sand the table. Oil not varnish.

I can build it while you hold tiny baby?

Oh…in university we bought table legs made of wood at home Depot. That’s an option too

6 Likes

My grandparents’ dining table was an old wooden door with legs put on. The nice thing about old solid wood doors is you can cut them down to be the size you need. Legs are easy to acquire/assemble.

It is best to have a flat panel door, of course, but if you have a door with details you can add a glass over top (for $$, of course). Even with that, much less than $2500.

4 Likes