Tiny Complaints

I am having the worst time finding a reasonable flight to Venice. It’s making me so grumpy I almost don’t want to go anymore.

4 Likes

12 Likes

What’s his complaint?

3 Likes

I have no energy with which to do all the things I should be doing, like parenting and cooking and such.

3 Likes

I’m not entirely sure of the specifics. Maybe being ignored? The look was replaced with purrs when I put down the phone and hauled him onto my lap for cuddles.

7 Likes

My cold medicine makes me a little light-headed and shaky.

2 Likes

Small human seemed to transition to day light savings time smoothly the first two mornings.

This morning he was awake at 4ish? I’m not sure. Everyone in our house was awake at 4:30AM.

Second complaint: I forgot to grab coffee or lunch at home, the coffee at work sucks. (Lunch is less of an issue, but now I need to remember to freeze the soup I was going to have for lunch because it won’t keep in the fridge much longer so I have one more thing on my mental to do list now. But it’d be nice to have decent coffee.)

4 Likes

I went to bed nice and early in the hopes of patching together more total hours sleep. Nope. Instead of 4:30, my body decided THREE AM is the time to wake up and be unable to sleep anymore.

Biggest complaint though is this screws up husband’s sleep too, and I really really want him to be well rested and not at risk of getting sick and stuff. One of us should be sleeping while we still can!

8 Likes

Coffee Bean doesn’t understand DST. Which is fair, who does, really.

3 Likes

Yeah but the 4:30am was already the DST move from the 5:30am.

But in that vein, complaint #2 is that California isn’t on board yet with Oregon and Washington, so even though we voted to ditch DST this year, it hasn’t happened yet. :unamused: C’mon, Cali!

4 Likes

After calling one dozen small businesses to try to get someone to turn the seal, remove it, and then recap my natural gas line (like a 10 minute job, but I can’t do it alone, I’ve tried) I finally caved this morning and made an appointment with Big Corporate Plumbing and Gas Business where they’ll try to upsell me on a bunch of ridiculous stuff, it’ll cost twice as much, and it will be generally annoying.

But none of the small biz wanted my tiny job, so… here I am.

10 Likes

We did vote for it last year. I’m not sure what the holdup is. But Kid-4’s professor told the students yesterday that we would spring forward next March and then never change it again, so maybe she knows something I don’t.

1 Like

I have weapons-grade farts today. At least my office mate isn’t in. I feel as though I should put a warning sign on my door.

7 Likes

I thought I had a massage scheduled for today but it turns out that it’s next Tuesday.

2 Likes

Boy Kitty can now jump from the floor to the top of the entertainment center. Where all our Halloween decorations are. Where we WERE going to put up our mini-Xmas trees, after forgoing all Xmas decorations last year because they were kittens.

Xmas is really hard for me and one of the few things I enjoy about it is decorating, and now I cannot do that unless I want to come home every day after work to decorations shattered all over the floor. That’s depressing.

5 Likes

We’re trying! We voted in Prop 7! It is, at this point, entirely Congress’s fault.

Tris – are there any soft decorations that wouldn’t be hurt by irascible kitties?

1 Like

When my kids were toddlers I taped a huge green triangle (made of festive wrapping paper) to the wall and crafted paper decorations to tape to it. It was a single use, indestructible tree and we had a lot of fun with it. You don’t need a literal tree.

4 Likes

I’m also debating what to do about Christmas decorations. Our grown up cat is pretty good about not destroying things but we now also have three 7-month-old kittens who get into everything. My house plants have to live in a dog crate so I have no idea how we’d manage a Christmas tree. I might get some wreaths and put ornaments on those, since so far the kittens haven’t broken anything on the walls.

1 Like

I know, but I have many sentimental ornaments that I really, really missed putting out last year, and now it looks like I can’t put them out again this year, or possibly ever. (They are glass, and both kitties like to eat strings, so I don’t dare, having had to take a previous cat to the ER to get his stomach pumped due to eating string.)

I’ve already accepted that no way can the 6’ black and silver Xmas tree ever coexist with these little assholes. That is a tough one; I love that thing. I’m going to try and sell it.

2 Likes

It’s possible that they’ll chill out in future years – they are still juveniles by many metrics. But it does suck in the meantime. :frowning:

3 Likes