Tiny Complaints

Yesterday was a stay at home day that I want super into. Today I’m super into a stay at home day and it isn’t really an option

3 Likes

There’s a litter box back there that I’m supposed to tidy. No other entrance to that area. :neutral_face:

6 Likes

I’m sad and hungry and tired and it’s bullshit.

5 Likes

I’m trying out an anticonvulsant. It is supposed to help with nerve pain. The dosage is supposed to gradually increase over time.
I think it really helps. My peripheral neuropathy (nerve damage and pain in my hands and feet) is way better! But when I take the full dosage in the morning I spend the day woozy and useless. I’m supposed to be doing a list of things today, including driving somewhere, but i can’t drive safely and I walk and talk like a drunk person.

So it’s a helpful med but this side effect is untenable. Shit.

(I can and do take it at night, but it’s supposed to be 2x per day)

6 Likes

I have a very light soft mustache that I’m very into and very proud of. Just thought I’d offer a different perspective.
But I also get straggler long-n-thicks on chin and neck on occasion and I do rip those out because they hurttttt.

3 Likes

Forgive my lack of knowledge as I’ve never been on any meds. I’m curious, do medicinal side effects usually fade as a body builds up “tolerance” to the medicine? Or is that “tolerance” thing a myth I’ve just heard?

3 Likes

I wish I knew! For now I think I’ll take a lower daytime dose so I can function, unless my plan is to chillax all day. I’ll be missing out on some of that awesome nerve damage relief, but i can keep living like a person.
At some point I will ask a doctor.
Here are my dogs. I got dressed to go out then stalled out and they want to know what is happening.

13 Likes

Fuck those random bristles.

5 Likes

It depends on med class. For an anticonvulsant, it is very likely that tolerance will build and reduce fatigue type side effects :slight_smile: I sure hope so in this case!

5 Likes

What do you know about pregabalin?

4 Likes

Is that like when you’re pregnant with a goblin?

8 Likes

Yes, most people gradually adjust.

Although for a different anticonvulsant that I was on years ago, I learned that my adjustment was learning to forget what awake feels like.

3 Likes

It is excruciatingly awkward when a colleague is a terrible patient

5 Likes

Baby is chilling out with and rearranging my bladder. So I have to pee to the point of bursting, but also have no pee left. This is hour 4 of this game.

10 Likes

That is it precisely. You deserve a medical degree for your insight!

1 Like

I hate leaving work in the dark.

Also, this morning Girl Kitty woke me up by walking on my back, then crawling under the covers and applying her ice cold nose to my armpit. Boy Kitty, seeing that the covers were moving via his sister, pounced on her and me, HARD. This was all at 5 a.m. zzzzzzz.

5 Likes

With just a little more study, I can probably be as qualified as the prospecting fish to dole out some medical advice.

7 Likes

Time to buckle down and apply yourself.

Little dude is making dinner. He poured a cup of rice into the instant pot, but with no pot in it. So a cup of rice into the delicate electrical components. I said something unkind. Everyone was upset. Then we figured out how to take the instant pot apart and get the rice out.
Pro tip: keep rice out of sensitive electrical components whenever possible.

At least it wasn’t cooked rice.

12 Likes

Since I’m not the one that had to oversee cleanup, I found that quite adorable. My dad as an adult who had lived on his own until almost 40 did things like that all the time. My poor mom.

4 Likes

I have done that with dried beans.

4 Likes