Tiny Complaints

I finally found a jumpsuit I like (at King Soopers of all places). It is sleeveless with wide straps (but it also isn’t actually overalls that require an undershirt), it’s mostly cotton/linen so not too stretchy, and it has pockets and an actual waist.

They only have it in a size that technically fits, but is actually too small. I refuse to buy aspirational sizes anymore.

Now I have to actually go into the store every few days just to see if they’ve stocked more, lol, because they don’t sell clothes via grocery pickup.

10 Likes

This is my life too :face_with_diagonal_mouth: Actually a thing I never considered before living in a hot place! I was talking to friends recently about how I don’t like to drink our tap water even with a filter attached because it isn’t cold (most of the year) and they were all saying they prefer room temperature water and don’t use ice so I had to explain what “room temperature” is for our tap :sweat_smile:

10 Likes

I didn’t know about it either! In Colorado the water always comes out amazingly cold and perfect.

Getting a fridge with an ice maker has been the biggest life upgrade for me, I drink so much ice water year round living here

6 Likes

The tap water in Colorado was startlingly cold! As a native Floridian, it was pretty shocking.

3 Likes

Ours isn’t THAT bad but it’s definitely warm water coming out of the cold tap.
Having pipes exposed under the house will do that.

2 Likes

In 3 years my car and house insurance combined have increased by 26.6%. Has everyone else seen the same?

6 Likes

I hear many complaints about this.

Increasingly insurance is a national market, and companies are losing money on home insurance nationwide. Thank you climate change!

2 Likes

Yep, about the same here. Last year I did a little shop around and nothing was cheaper than sticking with State Farm, I think it’s just a problem all around, not with any specific company

2 Likes

Yes, it’s a big part of the COL inflation calculations for the last few years. Insurances across the board are up to the point of accusations of collusion, and depending on the state they’re up like multi fold increases. Car, home, etc

ETA ex

2 Likes

I’ve switched companies twice in the last 10 years too. I can’t imagine what it would be now with the original company.

State Farm is one of the most expensive here!

1 Like

I’ve got AAA (they’re a broker with options all under their name but they also have their own insurance) and they give substantial discounts if you get both auto and home through them. You have to be a member though, that’s maybe $100/year? I found out that if I check in every few years and have the local rep run pricing they might be able to find a cheaper option for me.

1 Like

Regarding my complaint… my car insurance is about $125 a month for a 2021 small suv. I don’t have any accidents or points on my record. Is this actually bad? I’ve heard that Michigan has high car insurance costs. I’m going to complain anyway whether it is or not. :rofl:

1 Like

Well. It’s a lot more than I pay. I am paying 260$ for 6 months of car insurance. Granted, on a 2010 prius. Also, I’ve never had a speeding ticket or been in an accident.

1 Like

I can confirm that when moving from one state to another my car insurance doubled. Same company, same coverage, same “safeness” of area. Just some states are way higher.

3 Likes

That’s exactly what I pay in Colorado, so :person_shrugging:. I think my partner’s is pretty similar and he’s with a different company

1 Like

Yep, same here. I have a 2003 vehicle with no at fault accidents ever, no accidents at all in over 10 years, and my insurance doubled when I moved from CO to AZ. A lot more uninsured drivers here, and a ton of accidents, too so I guess it makes sense.

2 Likes

Googling found an article from this month saying that MI has the highest rates.

3 Likes

And a LOT of cars stolen!

I have COVID and I have officially (and suddenly) reached the I AM SO SO SO BORED OF BEING HOME stage

12 Likes

oh nooooooo :grimacing:

3 Likes