Thrifting Scores

I used to always buy boys’ shirts. Now that I’m older they don’t fit at the waist but it was good while it lasted!

1 Like

Buy Nothing outfits (and socks from @Pbkmaine). I don’t know if I can pull off that last dress or when I would wear it, but it’s a fun departure from the norm.

The really crazy thing is that I’m wearing those blue pants right now… and I like it? Pants? Me? Maybe this is like the poles shifting, and every 5 years I switch from pants to dresses and back to pants.

6 Likes

That is brilliant! I guess I should look for little boys’ 5s!

@MonkeyJenga I love that middle dress for when you want to look fancy!

1 Like

Which is almost never in Portland, but maybe one day!

2 Likes

I went to the thrift store looking for furniture. They didn’t have what I wanted, but clothing was all $1! (Note: this is a different thrift store from the last one I posted about.) And then I drove past a garage sale that had a winter coat for $7.50 and clothes for 50 cents. Most of the shirts are from the garage sale.

6 Likes

Not a new buy, but I am wearing a new to me men’s linen shirt from j crew for the first time. I bought it a couple weeks ago but left it in grad school city. It’s really nice quality and color.

4 Likes

This baby should significantly improve my work coffee situation. $5 and so cute! Also acquired: Cuisinart spiralizer (not pictured). Both $5 ea!

8 Likes

This entire outfit, shoes included, is from tonight’s swap. It makes me feel like Sandy at the end of Grease. I never would have gone out looking for this outfit, but I fucking love it.

13 Likes

One month anniversary of finding this outfit, and I’m finally wearing it!

6 Likes

Who is surprised that I came home from today’s swap with even more Columbia rain gear? Fleece liner too.

Waterproof running shell:

I look shockingly demure considering the top is see through:

putting the less demure clothing behind a cut

I don’t wear boxers but now I have to:

7 Likes

Boyfriend needed a new spring/fall coat - here, that likely means something wool-ish (winter = Not Fucking Around Stay-Puf Marshmallow Man coat). We went to the charity shop and found a really really nice, soft black wool dress coat in perfect condition. Soft enough that I think it might have some cashmere in it. 30 bucks. Jos. A. Bank.

Got it home and discovered that there were earmuffs and leather gloves in the pocket. I looked up similar coats on Jos A Bank’s website, and, you guys… if it doesn’t have cashmere in it, this is a $400-ish coat. If it does… this is a nearly $1,000 coat. WHAT.

It looks really nice on him, too.

11 Likes

Dang that must be a nice coat!

1 Like

Wowza, MJ and Tris, what awesome scores!!

MJ I love all of your finds!

1 Like

Magnetic snap baby sleeper in 3-6 month sizes. These cost $30-40 new EACH. This one was $7. Perfect size for a nice and squirmy age. I know some people totally swear by these, so I figured picking one up to try would be neat.

Kindred bravely nursing tank in my size (medium busty). New they’re like $45. Got it for $16.50. Hells yes.

5 Likes

Thank you! Some is way too sexy for a normal night out, but man if that green dress still fits when I start dating again…

2 Likes

Those are the best finds, little bonuses in the pockets!

It is a VERY nice coat. Boyfriend tends to be a very casual dresser, left to his own devices (he was planning on trying to make it through fall with a stained worn hoodie but I vetoed that) and this looks SO nice on him.

Does anyone else marvel at people who are so well off that they can donate stuff like that rather than trying to get some money for it? Because, uh, I do.

3 Likes

I’d become a regular at that thrift store incase they donated other stuff. Boyfriend might luck out on a whole new wardrobe!

New (to me) winter boots!

Edit: Note that they are pink. Not only is this my favorite color, it’s the color of my winter coat, so I’ll be all matchy!

7 Likes

Clothing swap that anomalily invited me to:

putting the rest behind a cut so it doesn't break people's scroll bars

Putting this on required a tutorial from anomalily:

13 Likes