Things We Like!

:smiley:
Here are some things I really like about this site:

1. How fresh/modern it feels
  2. How well it works on mobile (OMG I didn’t realize how nice this was)
  3. That I get little pings on mobile (after having turned that feature on) when someone replies to me/a thread I’m tracking
  4. The badges HEHEHE
  5. The commands seem pretty intuitive
3 Likes

I know I set it up, but it’s not my software and I’m still learning it, so I’ll join in:

1. I really like that quoting is so easy.
  2. Being able to see preview without having to reload the page!
    3. That I can have threads emailed to me + I can post by email!
1 Like

Ooooh. I like people are making numbered lists. How you do that?

1 Like

IT’S GREAT. ANOTHER THING I LIKE.
You literally just

1. start making numbers
  2. and take it from there
    type # and ) and it auto-formats.
  1. That seems really awesome
  2. Somehow also seems improbable that this forum software is so shiny, in spite of evidence to the contrary.
  3. Numbers.
1 Like

I LIKE THE PEOPLE HERE!

Sorry, couldn’t resist yelling…

1 Like
  1. Woah.
  2. is this working?
  3. Holy fudgecakes onna stick

Hmmmm I can see little buttons at the top but they give me #1 but not numbers after 1. Huh.

• Still getting used to it.
    A * is a dot point.
    I really like the preview option.

I really like the simple syntax for making stuff like this! Use a > at the start of your sentence.

The mobile ease of use and the clean layout are excellent too.

1 Like

I have to say, I haven’t been a fan of Discourse forums in the past, but gosh is this such a nicer experience on mobile than literally every other forum! It’s really quite good on a phone!

I like that it is blue and white. :smiley:

It’s really pretty! I’m not a huge user-of-forums on the internet, but this one is the most aesthetically pretty one of the handful I visit.

I also like the little round avatars with default letters for people who haven’t uploaded/chosen actual avatars–it bugged me at first (hence actually uploading my avatar which I have never done on MMM) but I like that people have a little picture to distinguish them even without an avatar. Of course, if two people have the same letter and background color I’m probably going to get really confused.

Ha, I totally didn’t even process the avatars. Need to do mine. At some point…

1. Oooh numbers!
  2. :slight_smile: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :wink: :upside_down_face:
  3. Badges
  4. I think I now like the unthreaded-but-with-a-way-to-see-replies thing
  5. I like the idea of highlighting to quote, but it doesn’t work from mobile most of the time
  6. Pictures are easy!
3 Likes

Yes re pictures!

Are they easy?

ETA they are and I like it

1 Like

KITTTYYYY

forum software does not like my incomplete sentence

Agreed, and kinda frustrating. I have to try 3-4 times any time I quote from mobile, so I use it less. Which sucks since I know it really clarifies threads!

But I agree, I’m getting way more used to the new format. “Like” is still strong, but “totally fine with” is probably accurate.

Huh. Ok I’m still playing with the “select & hit quote” method of quoting. I came here to mention something I like … Oh, the “who’s involved in a thread” page, that is quite nifty.

OMG just discovered the keyboard shortcuts! :heart::heart::heart:

1 Like

What how where?

1 Like