The Unf*ck It Thread

The glass doors get more… streaky? If I let them go, I forget that they aren’t frosted until I clean them :flushed: The most annoying part is that the brown grout gradually turns white (another mold?) and the only way I’ve figured out to get rid of it is to scrub down each line. Here’s the after + two showers, just pretend I’m not reflected in that glass.

6 Likes

We had a bunch of people over yesterday, and even though the party was outside, we took the opportunity to unfuck all its insides. The house looks so spacious and pretty!

Just don’t look in the closets.

17 Likes

You can’t just take photos from a furniture catalog and pass them off as your house!

(jk. It’s just so clean and spacious!) :heart_eyes:

8 Likes

You’ve really made some nice changes to that house!

3 Likes

I see you also follow my unfucking methods of throw it in the closet and deal with it later(aka never or when it finally falls out).

5 Likes

Haha - this has been our lived experience while doing open houses to sell the house. House looks amazing. DO NO OPEN THE CUPBOARDS.

8 Likes

Nathan Pyle, Strange Planet

22 Likes

I didn’t think to take a before picture but here is a during. This is most of the crap that was shoved willy-nilly under the kitchen sink when we moved in six months ago. I finally decided to organize it. I bought a little shelf organizer thing, ummm, months ago. But I finally put it together and stuck it in there.

I don’t know if it’s a thing of beauty now but it’s definitely better. I really didn’t take long at all; I don’t know why I was avoiding it for so long.

The empty space in front is for the dishwasher detergent that we ran out of, which started this whole project. I was sure we had more somewhere in that mess. We didn’t.

(We did have three separate cans of Bar Keeper’s Friend, four different spray bottles of multipurpose cleaner, and three boxes of garbage bags. Hopefully now that I can see my stuff I can stop buying things I don’t need because I actually have them already.)

15 Likes

Do you have cleaners in the bathrooms? We keep AP cleaner in each bathroom to save on running around. And Comet, and toilet cleaner. I know some people keep a cleaning basket but like, that’s a Whole Thing to Go and Get, guys.

4 Likes

Yeah, I didn’t mention the cleaners under the sinks in the bathrooms. I have those, too! I don’t actually like cleaning but I seem to love buying cleaning products!

3 Likes

In my last house I had something like this to hold wraps/foil and cleaning supplies under the sink. It was mounted to doors and was wonderful. Now I have a deep pantry area with pull out shelves and that is pretty nice, too.

2 Likes

Cross post for cleaning humor

It’s tough out there. :rofl:

5 Likes

:joy::rofl::joy: yeah ok but I am also messy

3 Likes

My husband totally helps clean up after me :see_no_evil: where dishes are concerned anyway

2 Likes

To be clear, I don’t read this as against husbands, kids, or pets specifically, but more like mocking the unrealistic standards out there and also that was an excellent garden path I totally fell for :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Oh yes, I laughed, I just felt like I should also confess! :joy:

2 Likes

Same here! Definitely read it as “everyone in your life, gender optional” but I am the biggest grub in this house. Lock me out too!

5 Likes

That would def keep the house clean longest! Lock everyone out!

4 Likes

We have been very sick. The habitat is very fucked. Posting here for personal encouragement to unfuck, lol

7 Likes

A lot of toys. And things being used as toys. That’s one of the big area I didn’t stay on top of- kept bringing stuff out of the closet as she wanted it and nothing went in, didn’t get stuff picked up, etc. Orher areas are worse but filled with dogs / people / mail with our names on it so I’m too lazy to photo it.

6 Likes