The Standing Ovation Thread

What have you been Awesome at lately? Not like Tony Victors (:wink:), I mean huge victors you’ve been fighting for, hard! Or big milestones you’re proud you made it to. Stuff like that.

I realized today that in the past 6 mos, exercise has become a regular part of my (and bf’s) life. It’s now the default, I now decide not to go to the gym if there is a reason, rather than choosing to go. I/we have never been this consistent before. And I’m climbing 11a’s, if that means anything to anyone. :grin:

So, what are you proud of?

17 Likes

I feel resistant to posting this because of stupid conditioning about lady types and bragging but fuck that, here it is.

I’m proud that I’ve spent the last 6 years building a business that has never taken on debt, doesn’t do things a certain way because that’s “just how you do it” but instead taking a thoughtful approach to consider what the best way for me is to do things, and has grown slowly but steadily. I’m even more proud that I did all of it in a forward thinking and careful way so that now when a huge opportunity landed in my lap I can say yes and know that I can deliver and that I will make money. All that is thanks to past ckni who paid attention and didn’t undervalue things even as a micro small business.

As my best friend reminded me recently, I am the guac, people will pay extra for me.

Excited to hear (and clap for!) everyone else’s stories!!

21 Likes

@Ckni27 that is AMAZING! I can’t imagine running my own business.

I was thinking more about the human tendency to focus on the negative, what we want/need to work on, etc. But this is so true also!!! Thank you for overcoming it. :heart:

6 Likes

I love this, lol.

10 Likes

We periodically text this to each other when one of us needs the reminder :rofl:

16 Likes

I submitted my PhD proposal! That was almost a year’s effort in 15 short pages. Now on to doing the real work.

17 Likes

Way to go!!!

That’s such a big milestone! Congratulations!!!

Yessss! You did it!

Today we finished our lead climbing class. That’s where you climb and clip your rope in as you go along…and is more technically challenging for both climber and belayer (“holding the rope”).

I(we) still have to take the test, but I caught bf on 5 or 6 semi-unexpected falls at the end so test feels like a formality. I have the skills. And I’m READY. (Mega-props to our awesome instructor, I was a wreck last week.)

This isn’t like, a goal I’ve been eyeing for a long time…this is straightup something I didn’t even think I’d ever attempt…that I’d ever be qualified to attempt, until the last…3 mos?

You have to climb at a certain level (10a) to even test/learn…and that seemed unattainable when I was barely doing 9s at my best. But I was one move short of doing an 11a clean (no falls) Tuesday, so…here we are. Practice makes perfect and training makes muscles. (And I’m barely 5’3" and unfortunately pushing 200 lb. Not your what you’d call “ideal” climbing build, by a long shot lol!)

Hi, I’m galliver, and I’m in the best (climbing) shape of my life! And I’m hecka proud!!! The end.

15 Likes

Sounds to me like you are incredibly kickass!

1 Like

This is amazing! Go you!!!

1 Like

This is AWESOME!

1 Like

Hey y’all…I saw Lillian present at the Patrecon convention in 2018, and she was the best thing I saw that day. She broke down finances in a way that was so down to earth. So after hearing her, I came home and put together a plan to wipe out me and my wife’s credit card debt, and as of today, it’s all gone! The only thing we have is a mortgage to pay. Woo-hoo!!

20 Likes

GO KEITH! Wow that is awesome work!

That’s a huge achievement!! Congratulations!

That’s fantastic! Way to go!!! I bet it feels so good :blush:

I do want to be a smidge vague, but I’d like to brag about the hard hard work I’ve done on my mental health & emotional wellness, specifically over the past two years.
It’s been big. And challenging. But I’m doing it.

:sparkles::sparkles:BIG VIC ENERGY!:sparkles::sparkles:

12 Likes

Keith, that’s amazing! Great job!

JJ, I am forever in awe of the ways you’ve dug in and taken control of your life and built it up. You’ve done SO much hard hard work and deserve all the BVE!

3 Likes

Heck yeah!

1 Like