The Standing Ovation Thread

@Keith_Knight omg I can’t believe you are over here! (I have loved your comic since I was a teen).

Congrats!!!

4 Likes

And I’ve loved your podcast since i was a middle-aged man! In all seriousness, I brought home 2 copies of your book from Patrecon. Kept one for myself and gave one to my wife. I love your easy, simple-to-follow way you describe stuff. It actually makes things easy.

9 Likes

So apparently I forgot to say much of anything, but as of tomorrow, I am promoted to full professor. There’s officially nothing more to accomplish in my career. :joy:

21 Likes

CONGRATS!

1 Like

Great! Congratulations, Professor!

1 Like

There’s gotta be same named chair or something…

But big, big congrats. You don’t become a full prof without being badass. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

At my place I’d have to recruit a donor for a named chair, and o have no interest in that. Also already turned down department chair. I may yet take the chief data officer role in a year or so- that’s up but also sideways. Or maybe I’ll hang out and then retire. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Congratulations!! That is a fantastic accomplishment!

1 Like

Congratulations Dr. Rural!! That’s a huge accomplishment!

2 Likes

CONGRATS DR. RURAL!!!

I have a plan - get @Marcela to recruit a donor for named chair and both of you get more fanciness!

7 Likes

Ooh, great plan!

1 Like

Ahhhh! Congratulations!

1 Like

MY DUDES (gender neutral) I REACHED OUT TO A TRAINER IT ONLY TOOK 2 MONTHS :partying_face::trophy::rofl:

9 Likes