Umm so if you don’t know (which is fair because time has been really confusing lately) - the winter olympics are coming up NEXT MONTH and this is the one time every 4 years that more than 10 people care about the sport of figure skating.
they all care a lot for like 1 week every four years, and have very strong opinions, and then suddenly forget.
Figure skating is FULL of drama, injuries, and covid this year.
Some drama this season:
- Russian Nationals was low-key a blood bath
- Japanese Nationals was really nice and calming after all that and heartwarming
- Yuzuru Hanyu continues to be jaw-droppingly good at an old-ass age for a skater
- my spidey senses are telling me there will be a russian judging/scoring scandal again
- as of today, 3/5 of the top Olympic prospects at US Nationals have pulled out due to covid
(feel free to put other winter sports in another thread if you have opinions about them. I have none and I only know about this sport)