The Not Pregnant...Yet Thread

I’m not sure. Clinic asked/recommended not testing before beta. I don’t know if I agree with that for my brand of anxiety.

4 Likes

I hate when clinics try to dictate this. Seems so weird to me.

1 Like

I think it’s to stop people doing something dumb because they think it failed? Like stop hormones or go on a bender or something. But obviously I understand I shouldn’t do this or give up hope if I’m blank at 6d!

At least they schedule the beta for 11 days so per your experience that’s about when it’s even readable anyway.

4 Likes

Beta numbers versus lines-

Summary

2 Likes

I never held out that long. On three pregnancies (including two transfers), I always had a clear positive by 10dpo/5dp5dt.

2 Likes

That’s my understanding as well. My take is that it is not morally superior to wait for your beta, it is a matter of personal choice and what you think will be easier or harder for you.

I will say that going for your beta when you’ve been testing negative is painful, because the nurses can be weirdly excited about it. I had five transfers and I think I tested early on two or three of them, including the one that was ultimately successful.

6 Likes

This kind of scared me but my phlebotomist was super matter of fact like “we’re doing the beta, you’ll get a call after 3:30, we’re looking for a number above 50.”

I tested D6 pm and D8 am (stark whites) had a few good crys on Saturday, and successfully attended a baby shower/housewarming Sunday, although I hate that I spent some time dreading it, because they are our close friends and I’m truly excited for them.

Anyway I’ve resigned myself to a negative, and if it’s not I’ll just be overjoyed.

16 Likes
Results

I’m very well hydrated, I think the tests are intended for AM use.

It’s a little low but so far so good and we wait for beta 2!! :crossed_fingers:

18 Likes

That’s kind of intense! How are you feeling?

2 Likes

:crossed_fingers: Hoping!

3 Likes
Summary

THAT IS BASICALLY 50!

4 Likes
summary

Alright!! Go little sticky egg go!

2 Likes

Today? Elated and cautiously optimistic. Tomorrow? Who knows :joy::grin:

9 Likes

:crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

:tada::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Fingers crossed for you :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

:heart:

1 Like

You get another beta in 2 days?

We will sit with you in the cautious optimism! :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

:crossed_fingers:t2::crossed_fingers:t2::crossed_fingers:t2:

1 Like
Results

We are on the way! Grow baby grow!

I’ll probably move further status updates to my journal and other threads until/unless such a time we do another round.

I don’t think there’s anyone actively trying or considering procreation right now, but hopefully if someone does, they feel free to revive the thread for any kind of family planning discussion, not just infertility/treatment… :blush:

23 Likes