The Not Pregnant...Yet Thread

Here with you thinking hopeful thoughts!

3 Likes

Oh no. When I never saw the text from the pharmacy, I called the PCP’s office back, and the person I’d talked to had confused ENDOMETRIN for ENOXAPARIN, so it wasn’t actually filled. And by the time I got too nervous and called them, and they referred me to the hematologist’s office, the pharmacy department at the hematologist’s was gone for the day, and I had to leave a message. So. IDK. I wait, I guess. And try to figure it out again in the morning. #toomanymeds #infertilityproblems

6 Likes

Is this something urgent care and a 24 hr pharmacy can resolve? I’m sorry that is a terrible mistake to make!!

1 Like

I don’t think so? I kind of doubt if the telehealth person was unwilling to do it and my own PCP’s office started hemming and hawing when they saw it was originally prescribed by a hematologist, that the urgent care would do it. I think I just have to wait for the hematologist’s office now. WHICH I WOULD HAVE DEALT WITH SOONER without the mistake happening to delay me. I’m just glad I called when I did. Maybe the hematologist will deal with it early and I can take my next dose close to 24 hours after taking the expired one. Which wasn’t until 12:30 because I slept forever today due to covid.

4 Likes

Fingers crossed for you.

1 Like

Right now I’m on my heating pad because I hurt my back coughing when my covid-irritated throat got further irritated by the cracker I was eating to lay down a foundation to avoid my stomach hurting from the baby aspirin I need to take to try to help this thing stick. Count the issues. At least it’s not August so the heating pad isn’t an issue in itself.

12 Likes

Just wanted to say I’m so very here with you. <3

2 Likes

I’m still over here in the land of limbo. Further doctor office shenanigans: I still hadn’t heard from the hematologist’s pharmacy department, so I left them a second voicemail and then I called the patient care side again and they told me that since I was last seen in 2021, there’s a chance it might not be easily refilled without a visit. They had me leave a voicemail for the actual doctor and scheduled me for a virtual visit for next Tuesday. Which, mind you, none of this was new information that I didn’t tell them yesterday, so they could have just had me leave a voicemail for the doctor yesterday. Then I heard back from the pharmacy department and they said that they put the request in to the doctor to refill it and they don’t see why she wouldn’t, but it’s up to her. I asked them if it would be actively harmful for me to take the expired medication, and they said they would advise me not to but that it is unlikely to hurt me. So I guess the doctor is now getting it from all sides, and if I don’t hear something within a few hours, I’m just going to take the expired meds again. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

But my test was a little darker today. Not by much, but a little.

I realized that I actually don’t know if it’s currently 12 or 13 DPO because the situation was a little weird this time. I got a positive OPK three days in a row, which never happens. Usually, it’s super-almost-positive, then positive, then clearly not positive anymore. And I had Hawaii brain and forgot to wear the Tempdrop one of the two possible days that could have actually been the ovulation date. And I didn’t have any ovulation pain at all this time. FF tells me it’s 13 but it could very well be 12, in which case a very light test is to be expected.

It’s kind of ironic—right before our trip, I did a minor cleanout and moved or threw away a bunch of stuff I’d been leaving in place for TTC for the past two years. Like, I moved the pen that I’d been writing dates on the tests out of my medicine cabinet, and I threw away the piece of paper where I’d taped the tes progression for my last two which were chemicals. Now I had to put the pen back, and I wish I had that paper so I could see how this time compares!

11 Likes

OK, some progress. The pharmacy has confirmed that the meds are on order. When I called them, they said it should take a day or two. So I am just going to continue taking the expired ones until I hear they’re in. And I spoke with the hematologist, and we’re on for a virtual visit on Tuesday. She congratulated me, which, I am having mixed feelings about that but I guess is kind. I am so torn between trying to do “positive thinking” this time and guarding myself.

I did go back and look at my FF and it looks like I had positives in March 2021 from 11–17 DPO and then in May 2021 from 10–20 DPO. I’m kind of afraid to even schedule an OBGYN appointment for another couple of weeks, so that I don’t have to cancel again. I already have my progesterone and aspirin and am getting my shots. I feel like . . . there’s not much more they could do for me at the early stage so might as well wait. I already know what to do and avoid. And they’ve already got my blood type and know about my clotting disorder. And I’ve recently had a physical so I know where I stand with all of that stuff and I’m not deficient in anything.

IDK, hopefully at some point I can graduate from this thread but I’m too afraid to do so yet. I hope y’all don’t mind me sticking around at least until I’m past when my last chemicals fizzled out because I’m just still a ball of infertility and nerves until then.

11 Likes

I’m cool with it. Not sure if anyone else who is trying is following along still. But as far as I’m concerned, keep hanging out until you feel confident. :two_hearts:

7 Likes

Thank you so much. Sadly, IDK if I’ll feel confident till I actually have living offspring in my arms, since my particular disorder unfortunately has increased risk of loss all the way up through stillbirth, and especially in the second trimester, but I think once I get past the point of my previous chemicals ending then I’ll probably feel good about moving to the other thread. I’m kinda superstitious about it now, feeling like I did so prematurely the other two times.

9 Likes

Big hugs. I can’t imagine the fear in your shoes :disappointed_relieved: Even with my first and no reason for it, the worry was paralyzing at times. :pensive: So if I/we can make that burden easier on you, I’m here for it.

5 Likes

I’m still trying but mostly lurking at this point.

Sending hugs, @wooljaguar :heart:

6 Likes

So my line is still super, super light, and I’ve been freaking out about it all day, sure that it’s another chemical, sure that it was the covid that did it, or maybe the inefficacy of the expired medication I’ve been taking (because I STILL don’t have the new stuff). Falling down rabbit holes where thinners are listed explicitly on the page where meds that lose efficacy are listed, reading scientific papers about how APS (my condition) interferes with implantation even in IVF settings, scouring message boards where women say that their doctor puts them on the thinners at 7 DPO prophylactically.

And then I went into Reddit. Where I found multiple posts saying that the brand of test I’ve been using (Pregmate) is really faint in general and shitty at line progression, and women talking about how they got much better lines on other brands. Women who are still pregnant and have seen their baby’s heartbeat.

I may have just overnight-Amazoned $50 worth of three other brands of tests. Because it’s cheaper than a mental breakdown? Will report back sometime after 7 to 11 am.

9 Likes

Oh yeah my tests were pregmate and super super light at like 11 or 12 dpo when I got my first positive and looked basically barely different two days later. Never anything resembling a dye-stealer or even close to the test line matching the control.

3 Likes

That is really helpful to hear. After two chemicals and all my issues, I am just a mess. I had hoped to be catching up on work this weekend since I’m still stuck inside from covid, but instead I’m in an entire warren of worried rabbit holes.

6 Likes

That does sound cheaper than a mental breakdown for sure. I hope it brings some reassurance and darker lines.

2 Likes

There have been SO many test issues lately. One of the expensive pink dye early tests I had barely darkened. The same brand I had a good progression with Latte on showed very little variation with current pregnancy. It’s all been a bit of a mess. Maddening. I’m sorry.

4 Likes

I have been there (and with less reason than you). I have no advice but am holding lots of space for you in my thoughts.

3 Likes

IDK, friends. They are still pretty light. Today is almost certainly either 14 or 15 DPO. It’s the day after what is usually my period and my temp hasn’t dropped yet and there still IS a line, it’s just so light across the board. I’m feeling like at this point I will be surprised if it is NOT another chemical, but I guess we’ll see.

Summary

I’m about to go to another location of my pharmacy that actually does have my medication because the pharmacist I talked to today actually checked for me and told me about it. Which, presumably the one I talked to on Friday also could have done but didn’t give enough of a damn. They both asked the same question: are you totally out? But today’s followed it up with useful information AND told me that it wouldn’t have been possible for it to actually show up yesterday or today because they don’t receive deliveries on weekends. I’m pretty mad, as I’ve been taking expired medication for three days at a crucial time, and it could have just been one day. I kind of feel like this is the millionth time that medical professionals have let me down around TTC things. It seems like something people should give more of a shit about?

13 Likes