The Not Pregnant...Yet Thread

Ahhhh good luck! Crossing everything!

1 Like

Good luck! That’s super exciting! (And I also totally get the dread, haha)

1 Like

Good luck!

1 Like

Soooo, how about a roll call? Who even is left in here? :raised_hand:t4:

4 Likes

I haven’t been as active here lately, but still not pregnant and still trying.

6 Likes

For the one that worked, I left my clinic, went to Old Town Sacramento, shopped, ate Mexican food, and caught a red-eye, then landed and drove my car four hours home.

The day after that was Sunday, so I mostly chilled, then work Monday.

4 Likes

Old town Sacramento! Was not expecting to feel nostalgic here of all places.

2 Likes

Sort of here. Gearing up to try in a few months but no infertility, just anticipating a very hard pregnancy.

5 Likes

I chilled on the couch the rest of the day and went to work the next day. It’s really NBD as far the procedure itself and bed rest is not shown to be advantageous, just don’t, like, work out for a couple of days. Our doc is more on the lax side IME.

4 Likes

I didn’t do anything different, no bed rest or anything. We get told to go about normal routine although I wouldn’t do any heavy workouts or anything in the next couple of days just to be safe.

4 Likes

Meeee…

5 Likes

Sort of here? Working through a very long health to do list with the MFM to be able to even try. We tried for 1-2 months before my health went kaput.

7 Likes

We survived day 1 of PIO. It took 3 hours, including an hour of driving in a snowstorm, but it’s behind us and the shot itself was fine. It happened in the parking lot of our fertility clinic in a bougie Denver suburb.

Did you all know that needle sizes increase as the needle gets smaller?! We learned something today!

11 Likes

I did actually! Due to hobby/work intersections. Small/thin things line needles, wire, sieves, sheet metal/material (thickness), and I think tiny screws are dimensioned not by actual measurements but by “gauge” numbers.

I did learn something, though, because I thought the gauge numbers translated as “how many X per [standard measurement]”, but actually it’s “someone in an 18th century factory made a sheet with holes in it to test their product against and it became a world standard” kind of deal. (Note: a gauge is either a spinny dial indicator measurement tool, or a measurement standard you compare or test with to make sure something fits requirements, like a thread gauge for screws. )

/ :nerd_face:

5 Likes

That’s so funny! The nurse was like “yeah don’t you guys know gauge numbers?” (In a nice way) and neither of us had any idea it existed as a concept. Mentally filing it away for my future jeopardy run

6 Likes

All the papers I’ve seen look later than 15 days post “fertilization”. So like if today (17dpf) was over 200 it would be more telling, but less so for earlier.

4 Likes

I knew gauge first as a piercing metric then later needles :rofl:

Whoo hoo for this appointment in the books!!! :tada:

6 Likes

I wanted to give an update about the PIO shots because I was so stressed about them. In a twist I will refuse to learn from, they’ve been fine! I know that’s not the case for everyone so I am grateful for this.

We have a routine of warm up the shots in an armpit, ice my butt with a bag of frozen edamame (flexible to conform to butt shape), do the shot, wife massages the area for a few minutes (you’re welcome for the mental image if any perverts read this), and then I sit on the heating pad for a few minutes. It feels like I got an achey flu/COVID shot in my butt, but I’ll live, I can definitely handle this for a few weeks or a few months. My wife has many talents and has become a great shot giver.

It’s nice to only do one shot a day instead of two, and I’m glad our schedule is flexible enough to do all of these steps.

Process of getting the shots aside, progesterone is my least favorite drug. Stims just make me tired and dumb, but this one makes me tired and hopeless. Reminding myself that it took four months to make one embryo, it is totally normal for it to take 3 embryo transfers, so even in the situation where nothing goes wrong it could easily take a year. And we’ll be fine either way.

13 Likes

Transfer went well and embryo buddy is in! Thaw was great, procedure was easy and relatively painless, and acupuncture + Valium has left me very relaxed. Here’s hoping this little one feels like staying awhile.

There were two straight couples in the waiting room with us who were clearly there together, and one of the women was also doing a transfer. I overheard them saying that the woman doing the transfer was the gestational carrier for the other couple, and that they had come from (rural Colorado town that is a long drive away in good weather). They were talking loudly in an open area, I wasn’t eavesdropping I promise.

So if you are sending good thoughts prayers etc into the universe please think of them, truly can’t imagine what it took to get to this point.

19 Likes

Thinking sticky thoughts for you and them. :purple_heart:

2 Likes