The Not Pregnant...Yet Thread

I’m pretty sure I only stopped, like, the day before? Did not do any research, N of 1.

5 Likes

And a very cute N she is! Everything on the internet is either exactly what you said or my doctor said moderate drinking is fine, like one drink a week. Ah yes my one drink a week during the holidays….

6 Likes

From previous reading I decided it seemed like some metabolites take up to 2 weeks to clear from the system? IIRC? It’s been a while. So I opted (the transfer I was drinking before, I don’t anymore) to stop 2 weeks ahead to ensure reduction of inflammation as best as possible :crossed_fingers:

(Although that transfer didn’t work lol so. Salt grains)

6 Likes

Oh man, I have a scan the 17th. Solidarity on the wait.

3 Likes

That makes total sense, I’d been wondering about that without knowing the words that I meant, if that makes sense. Two weeks before is super doable

2 Likes

From the Troll-Body Chronicles:

So many signs of ovulation: got a sex drive spike from CD10–14. Got positive OPK CD13–14. Had distinct ovulation pains for 24 hours starting in the afternoon on CD13. All seemed well and good, hit our goals 4 of the 5 days from CD10–CD14. And then, there was just no temp rise? We’ll see what happens in the morning, but it’s been 3 days and I’m still hanging out in the mid 97s when usually I jump up above 98.

5 Likes

I explained the progesterone in oil shots to a close friend, and she had the perfect reaction. I’m the blue text

8 Likes

Okay. Once again- pregnant until proven otherwise.

Summary

These look SO much stronger dried than during the test window, which I really don’t know how to feel about.

Beta today was 69.54. Repeat Wednesday. In contrast to the rest of my whole life, I didn’t immediately tell the world. Just didn’t want to deal with anyone else’s feelings whatsoever, optimistic or pessimistic or anything, so I’ve just been sitting on it. But you’ve all been here with me for literally years of this now, so I knew at some point I would need/want to share.

This pregnancy (number 4, holy shit) feels different. Pregnancy 1 barely counts since it was gone by this point already. But the other two I had tons of symptoms by now. Right now I’m just tired more than anything. But not super smelling or stinking of rotten onions or nauseous. Just odd. We’ll see. For now, today, once again, I’m pregnant.

It’s been hard not to see symbols everywhere. There’s been three rainbows in the past week and we rarely get them. We’ve been calling this one “Luna” since we transferred on the full moon, and today I realized Latte’s butterfly wings she’s obsessed with the last few days are Luna moth wings. Etc.

27 Likes

Sending all the good thoughts your way! :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers: for Wednesday.

3 Likes

Got everything crossed for you for Wednesday.

2 Likes

Supposedly PGS normal embryos only have a 5-10% miscarriage rate, but I can’t find whether that’s post positive test or post clinical pregnancy (like, confirmed via scan). So that’s not very helpful.

8 Likes

Tentative congrats to you!

1 Like

My temp did eventually get up past 98º and stay there, though FF doesn’t want to confirm O because I had enough rogue higher temps earlier in the cycle for some reason. Still, I’m pretty confident it was CD14, which makes today 13DPO. Day 5 of testing, all still stark white. So. Still going to test until bleeding, probably another day or 2, but no real hope for this cycle at this point. Something like 9 more tries before we give in to donor eggs.

I think I’m going to keep paying for storage of the abnormals just in case for some reason donor eggs don’t work either and we find ourselves still wanting to try them. Storage is $800/year. I’m acutely aware that Swan is turning 46 in a couple of weeks, and that that does have some level of effect too. (Also he wants to be done making new babies, whatever we end up with, by the time he’s 50, for their sake. My own dad died at 53, so…I see his logic.)

11 Likes

All the cautious optimism! How many days past transfer are you?

1 Like

Yesterday was 10 days post 5 day transfer. Do you have any resources for beta ranges for FET by day?

2 Likes

Just betabase. I don’t know much about their data collection!

1 Like

So happy and hopeful to see this update! Fingers crossed only more good things coming.

2 Likes

Alright, it’s official: transferring our one embryo Monday! PIO shots start tomorrow, I think this has been the physical aspect of IVF that I’m dreading the most.

Question for folks who have done it: how out of commission should I expect to be in the days following? I know different clinics have different advice about how easy they want you to take it, so I’ll do what they tell me, but I’m not sure how bad I might feel.

I’m planning to take Monday off work. I’ll be taking a Valium to take the edge off, so at the very least I’ll be loopy. When my wife asked our nurse about it, she said I could take Tuesday off too if needed, and I was surprised by that: it seems like people have more trouble with HSGs/SISs than FETs, right?

My IUIs have been uncomplicated and I’ve been told that things seem to be where they expect/a straight shot, if that’s an indicator of what I might expect.

10 Likes

The valium knocked me on my ass the night of. My first transfer without it was no more of a big deal than a Pap smear. Some clinics recommend bed rest. Otherwise I wouldn’t see a need to skip the next day other than existential dread haha.

4 Likes

Also YAY timeline. Also you’ve probably heard but boob (or otherwise body temp) warming the PIO helps soooo much.

3 Likes