The Not Pregnant...Yet Thread

Letrazole, track ovulation, “oral and vaginal medications”. Idk, I’ll find out. I was assuming vaginal progesterone pills.

2 Likes

Tentative congrats to you!

1 Like

Tentative congratulations! Fingers crossed for you.

1 Like

I have an appointment scheduled at my clinic for Friday to discuss my ovulation issues and the natural transfer of a couple of my abnormals during my first cycle of the new year. Which I hope will be in January, but, y’know, my last cycle was 72 days long, so I can’t really count on that.

Since I finally started bleeding on Saturday, I was also able to start my new course of Chinese herbs. Yes, even more pills. Hopefully, they will put my cycles back on track. If they do, we can at least try in December and see what happens.

8 Likes

I just hate the way things have been escalating for you. I hope that convo is helpful and you have a path forward.

4 Likes

Thanks. Honestly, I find myself waffling on the transfer recently. Like, looking back over the paper that showed that some abnormals resulted in live births (I have the full text, having gotten it through school), I cannot help but notice that nearly all of the ones that were ultimately successful were mosaics and not fully aneuploid.

To quote the paper, “Highest ongoing pregnancy/live birth rates (6/8, 75.0%) were achieved with transfers of embryos that were reported to have only a single PGT-A diagnosed ‘mosaic’ chromosomal abnormality.”

Also, both of my best two embryos, from what I can tell, are kind of identical, having only one deletion, –19, the same deletion, on each, and both are XY. I couldn’t help but notice that none of the successful births had that deletion, and, reading about it, supposedly it’s a gene-rich chromosome where deletion tends to lead to early embryonic death or, if not corrected and miraculously survives, some really gnarly disorders. And then the maybe petty but still real thing that I did want at least a shot at a girl. Going into a situation knowing that it might be my only shot AND that’s not even an option feels a little sad to me.

So, I want the doctor to tell me what HE thinks the best embryos are, and why. I want to get all the best info I can, and then decide whether we should spend the $4000 on the transfer or hang onto that money for buying donor eggs in a year’s time.

Because right now I’m feeling like if my guess at the best embryos is correct, it might not be worth it to me—what seems like an infinitesimal chance of it even working, where it is much more likely that an additional miscarriage would fuck my cycle up even further, and even “working” might be a gnarly disorder, and even the best-best case wouldn’t give me a shot at my gender preference (and, of course, if I had any euploids and they were only XY, I would go for it, but taken all together it just seems like a back-breaking straw).

IDK. I wish I could stop waffling on this. But it seems like every week, I tip more one way or the other.

9 Likes

There are so many what ifs! I wish having more info gave you more clarity, but it seems like the opposite is the case.

2 Likes

Trigger last night, final bloodwork this am, and retrieval scheduled for very early tomorrow. It’s happening!

Based on what the doctor has been saying, I’m responding the way I should be. Even though I’m working with a number of follicles on the lower end of typical for my age, I’m feeling some optimism and hope. Haven’t felt like that for awhile, hope the hunger games aren’t too brutal.

We had initially bought a two-cycle package, but realized with the cost of testing, a six-cycle package actually saved us $5K. I caught the discrepancy and they’re letting us switch! Both packages are structured so that you have to use all of your embryos before you go to the next round, so if you end up successful from the first round, you do lose money. Would love to feel like we didn’t get our money’s worth from this, fingers crossed.

15 Likes

Sending finically suboptimal wishes! :sweat_smile::heart:

7 Likes

I paid for three transfer cycles and used two, so it was nice to just have the money spent either way and not have to make the “pay/do it again?” decision right away.

9 Likes

Crossposting for anyone who isn’t on my journal: 9 eggs retrieved! I’ve been limiting myself to one 8 oz cup of coffee a day in case it helps with egg quality, and I picked up a large Starbucks coffee on the way home. What a treat!

I think typical attrition rates would get me in the 0-2 (2 is the stretch goal) normal embryos, so we’ll see what we end up with. But obviously, who knows, we could get very unlucky or very lucky. So thrilled my goal is one take home baby from this process and not banking for multiples.

14 Likes

I’ve had the exact same numbers of eggs at each stage (+/-1) yield 4 normal one cycle, and 0 normal the next. It’s such a weird crap shoot. Keeping everything crossed for you!!!

6 Likes

It’s such a weird crap shoot! And, thanks. My parents have been very supportive and are fully looped in, so I’ve been explaining it as we could fail but also that doesn’t mean anything except for the fact that it will be annoying to do another round.

6 Likes

21 Likes

Thank fuck.

2 Likes

FINALLY!

3 Likes

Literally. We started looking at this when I miscarried in April. Started conversations in Ernest in July or august. Started repeatedly harassing people in September. It’s now December and finally. Finally. They’re at the new clinic.

9 Likes

Well, I feel a bit silly. I thought I had an appointment this morning, but when I showed up, I didn’t, and my email trail showed that she had offered me the time, but eventually I’d written her back telling her I would just talk to her in January. I completely forgot that! I guess I waffled so hard that I confused myself. And now I do want an appointment, but I don’t have time to have one till January anyway.

I could have slept an extra hour! But the bright side is that I was wide awake and relatively perky for my Quechua oral exam, whereas otherwise I would probably have just rolled out of bed and been groggy.

9 Likes

One of the worst parts of fertility stuff. Sitting around with a full bladder and no pants on. Brain. Make sure we do NOT pee on this table. M’kay??

8 Likes

And my appointments would ALWAYS be delayed on ultrasound days! Once the clinic was running an hour behind and when i finally went in they were like, oh your bladder is very full! Why yes, thank you for noticing!

5 Likes