The Not Pregnant...Yet Thread

Yeah this is where you’d have a fertility clinic do a saline sonogram or hysteroscopy.

3 Likes

I am weirdly looking forward to it.

1 Like

Keep that energy and don’t read anything else about it beforehand!

I’ll keep that in mind :sweat_smile:

I’ve definitely heard one of them can hurt like a bitch but I’m hungry for more info on my reproductive system and what might be able to happen to get me to Stop. Miscarrying.

5 Likes

Hopefully it will be moot and you’ll never need the info.

1 Like

2-3 ovulation phases before the consultation, so assuming I don’t get the procedures immediately probably got 3-5? Dunno how fast sgf works.

I’ve also seen that it can interfere with carrying to term, increase C-section risk and restrict growth, so unless it’s very minor I’d be inclined to get it taken care of if the opportunity arises.

3 Likes

They’re pretty good about scheduling, so once you’re in, you can tested the following cycle. At least in my city

3 Likes

Tomorrow will be 10 days post IUI, so I’ll probably test. But I’m not super smelling and my BO hasn’t turned weird so I’m very much guessing it didn’t work.

4 Likes

We have a DATE. Estimated embryo delivery to new clinic, 11/30.

Also, I definitely forgot to test this morning lol.

Pain that it’s nearly 2 weeks away which means we wouldn’t be able to start treatment u til end of December, Aka might not because of Christmas, Aka next year when Husband switches jobs and will be insanely busy and can’t afford to turn down any work as he ramps up Aka I don’t know when I can make this happen :melting_face: but at least they’ll be somewhere where people will answer my damn calls.

12 Likes

I hate all of these delays for you! What bad timing.

Do you know how many/which embryos you’ll transfer, or is that part of the process too?

4 Likes

One, since they’re tested. Whatever the best grade is. SirB and I are reading the paperwork differently- I think the next highest grade might be a girl he thinks it’s a boy, but it may depend on how the embryologist at this clinic weights day versus grade.

ETA a friend pointed out maybe I can do hormone prep before they get there and still do a december transfer :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

No gender preference? I mean, it sounds like you have at least a good one of each…

1 Like

I like going for quality and letting the universe decide. Takes away the angst. We had a super hard time deciding for the first transfer when we had one of each sex at the same exact day and grade. (Ironically we had picked boy).

6 Likes

I’ve decided to start trying acupuncture and I’m not sure if this is a great idea or if I’ve gone off the expensive deep end.

2 Likes

Do you have insurance yet through the new job, I forget? If so, check it for benefits! I have unlimited acupuncture visits for a $15 copay, the caveat being that my acupuncturist told me it’s only officially covered for pain conditions. I do have back pain, so he just codes it as that and conveniently doesn’t mention the fertility stuff. Surely you also have a pain?

4 Likes

I will say, my first acupuncturist was one of the best therapists I’ve ever had lol. We would do just like a 5 min sit down at the start of sessions, if that, but she was great. And gave so much perspective. She also really acted as a health navigator for me- helped me brainstorm who I could turn to for things, that sort of stuff.

7 Likes

On Medicaid until end of the year, which I don’t think covers any acupuncture. Might be able to get something covered after that!

2 Likes

Negative test, so that’s pretty definitive.

10 Likes

Sorry! Always a bummer no matter what.

3 Likes

At least now I have clean emotions this week. Due date and no baby. Beta and no baby. It sucks :woman_shrugging:

8 Likes