Super silly toddler tantrums

I was trying to find a place to post these but sometimes my toddler has tantrums that just make me laugh. I want to hear all of yours too!

Tonight my child was upset that he couldn’t swiffer sweep the carpet :rofl:

I hope to keep this light hearted so we can all laugh at the sometimes hard moments of parenting.

14 Likes

I feel like we have a “why is my child crying” type thread around somewhere :joy:

Today my 11 month old Taby cried because she couldn’t put a hair tie in her hair in spite of stretching it on top of her head many times. And then she cried because I took it away when she put it in her mouth.

12 Likes

Tonight we got, “I hate bedtime! I WISH BEDTIME WAS CANCELLED!”

13 Likes

Last night the wiggler was upset because he went into the basement with Dada and Dada did the laundry tasks. He wanted Dada to undo putting in detergent so HE could do it.

He’s 6 but hopefully this thread is welcoming to all silly tantrums :joy:

6 Likes

It absolutely is!!! :heart::heart::heart::heart:

3 Likes

Honestly, the same thing is said here with alarming frequency.

6 Likes

Yesterday Meowlet was very upset that we were giving supplies to the class. He thought they were HIS supplies and he did NOT like the idea that they were a communal pot. The teacher promised to put his supplies by his cubby.

8 Likes

Taby cried because after ripping sunglasses off sisters face, grandma gave them back to sister. :smiling_face_with_tear: rude.

Also cried because she could not lift the xylophone toy (she was sitting on it)

8 Likes

Tonight we narrowly avoided a tantrum when he didn’t want to go in the garage door, but the front door was fine :rofl:

Do all babies love outside? Ours demands it by grabbing his shoes and banging on the door yelling “ooside ooside” until we go. And I love it and hope he never changes.

5 Likes

I’m 2 for 2. Smidge has a breakdown if I even walk near a door to the outside and don’t go out. Open garage and throw in a box? Meltdown.

4 Likes

This one has a probably real name.

The tantrums are too numerous to count. But B2 keeps getting yogurts, opening and abandoning. Today I dumped one in a bowl, stirred and returned to pot and now it’s edible

4 Likes

Nah, I’m borrowing the Busy Toddler term. “Taby”= that weird middle ground between toddler and baby.

3 Likes

Last night’s tantrum was because we wouldn’t let him ride his bike down the stairs!

Getting better at saying what we want to do “hey buddy, let’s ride our bike over here instead” instead of “whoa whoa whoa not down the stairs” but I think safety and urgent stuff is gonna be the area we aren’t as good at. Which I’m fine with!

Still so silly, because I agree down the stairs probably would have been more fun :rofl:

7 Likes

This is where I use almost all my “NO” :joy:

3 Likes

Todays: Toddler-baby: wasn’t allowed to feed the dog her toast sticks. Preschooler: told her she couldn’t change her clothes while still under her bed. I didn’t mean it as a boundary, just an observation of physics :joy:

7 Likes

She helped me unload the dryer into the basket. Then I Pushed her in the laundry basket. Then I took her out. How dare.

(I also hate fun coming to an end. My sympathies small one)

8 Likes

Toddler furious because she can’t get her shoe off

Gets it off

Toddler furious because she can’t get her shoe on

5 Likes

I’ve had that one. It sucks when it’s in the car

2 Likes

Absolutely indignant that I won’t hold her hands and let her walk through the nugget tunnel.

5 Likes

I had the audacity to break his cookie in two (so he could have some in each hand) today and I am basically the worst parent ever, lol. FULL on melt down. Love this little dude.

4 Likes