Sorry for the Jumpy Ad Errors!

I’m on mobile. iOS, everything is updated on my phone (OS and apps). iPhone XR.

I think my text was jumping around a lot, too, also the latest iOS, but frankly, on my little SE screen, the two ads covered all but one and a half lines of text to begin with, so I downloaded an ad blocker. I couldn’t read it at all without.

3 Likes

Yea I am on an SE too, but I have been clicking the adds away and then they stay away.

None of this is what I wanted

This is mine after clicking away though on an SE:

I could click them away, but some of them stayed as blank boxes. I’m on an original SE, so I think a smaller screen than yours.

Anyway, we know this isn’t what you intended! I’m spending a lot more time on the forum from a computer so I can let the ads run (and click on some).

1 Like

I am on a Pixel 4, android. My pop up stays away once I click X. I get text shifting around for several seconds when each page initially loads, and then it is stable until I change pages. My ads are also cycling on a much faster rate than 5 minutes. I will report back other errors as I notice them.

I know this isn’t what you wanted and is frustrating for you.

3 Likes

Just so folks know Complaints are genuinely helpful if they include screenshots and your device and browser (chrome or safari or app). I have to go advocate for real fixes to the developers through my ad manager and they need to see their fixes are not working.

So I will do my best to take it not personally.

8 Likes

AH, that did reduce it to (2). :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Agreed that we know this sucks for you, too! :heart: You are trying to do a thing reasonably and ethically and capitalism is like HAHAHAH.
:heart:

8 Likes

I have been able to disable the ads for now, I am waiting to hear from the developers why they thought this was ready for prime time

8 Likes

I updated my post with the screenshot to indicate it is from a laptop using Chrome browser.

4 Likes

:vulcan_salute::muscle::muscle: thanks @anomalily and @aaronpk !

4 Likes

I mean we didn’t really solve anything. I will have to have a discussion with the ad network; hopefully we have not broken contract but quite honestly, that was not ready for prime time.

6 Likes

I’m sorry this was so stressful. Hope things get squared away with ad network.

1 Like

I am aware they are back and I am having WORDS with them, trust.

4 Likes

Does Patreon have a way to do a flat contribution? I don’t do subscriptions, but I’d love to give some money for this site since I use it a lot.

1 Like

They have an “annual” one, which can be flat because you can cancel right after you do it. I haven’t turned it on yet though, it’s relatively new. I should do so!

There’s also the OMD shop which you can sponsor a Pay it Furward book on: https://shop.ohmydollar.com/collections/pay-it-fur-ward/products/pay-it-fur-ward-book-donation

Don’t worry about the patreon right now though I promise I’m doing my fucking damndest to not set things on fire :sob:

4 Likes

I just want to say thank you so much for your focus on usability and user satisfaction. :heart:

6 Likes

I use this website, too :joy:

Doesn’t hurt that work in web apps for my day job and I know when something is not ready for prime time :eyes:

5 Likes

Haha true – but still. I appreciate it, because not every forum admin has those priorities!

Oh yeah, it is deffo not ready for primetime; it behaves like something that only went through alpha/mockup.

1 Like