Small Thing I Did to Save Money Today!

I made pizza dough last night, it’s cold fermenting in the fridge as we speak for dinner Friday. The cost of two (far superior in taste and nutrition) pizzas comes in at $1.50 each instead of the $19 per at the only decent pizza place in town.

My wife made Castile soap yesterday. More expensive than cheap soap at the store, but infinitely more pleasant to use.

2 Likes

Despite my many protests, I threw salad stuff into a container for my work lunch. I still may need a side dish, but at least I’m halfway there.

3 Likes

Are you living on a prayer?

2 Likes

You’ll make it, I swear.

3 Likes

Coworker decided to buy milkshakes for the office late yesterday afternoon and it filled me up so I didn’t have dinner. My portion of last night’s dinner became today’s lunch.
Made a note to myself to grocery shop on Saturday while my husband is at work. Going by myself means I will buy only what we need to get us to our vacation so we don’t end up throwing food out when we get home.

3 Likes

I convinced my friend to cut my hair for me last night! :smiley:
(I have an easy undercut hairstyle. Clippers and just following the lines.)

4 Likes

I am getting closer and closer to doing an undercut. Especially because… Brie Larsen vibes.

6 Likes

I approve of your life choices.

2 Likes

Braved talking to a real human on the phone to sort out a mistake with my business personal property taxes, if all goes to plan I won’t have to pay any of what was billed! Mercifully, the follow up will be via email.

7 Likes

Dropped by the beverage distributor on the way home to buy grain for brewing. It’s not my favorite place to visit, but I can get 55# sacks of brewing malt for $50 instead of $80 for the same thing at the prettier place.

3 Likes

Brought tea and a snack bar. Good enough.

1 Like

Avoided buying lunch by bringing in leftover pizza (yummmm). Convinced myself not to buy any snacks at work today.

1 Like

It is yet another bid day at work. I get free lunch if I can survive until 2PM.

1 Like

You need a box of granola bars or something in your desk for days like this.

3 Likes

I have a long string of mandatory tasks today keeping me away from home. At lunchtime I could easily have justified lunch out. Instead I went home and ate there. Good job, me.

5 Likes

A friend dropped by and wanted to get lunch out. I watched him eat. Food truck pod, so there’s no waiters to annoy by not ordering.

Ate leftovers at home and made free rice!

4 Likes

A friend had a celebratory BBQ on Saturday and there was way too much food. I am now eating delicious taco leftovers for… basically the entire week. Delicious AND reducing food waste!

2 Likes

Needed a belt for husband. Went to H&M. Was able to get a $20 belt for $9 on sale, THEN we remembered to bring textiles to donate to their recycle program, so we got 15% off. I always try to remember to do this when going to H&M.

Instead of going for fancy mocktails, we bought some flavored fizzy water to enjoy at home.

5 Likes

I walked 3.2 miles round trip to buy corn for 50 cents an ear instead of 67 cents. I needed the walk, and I saw pretty flowers on the way! Got surprise snow peas on sale too.

Then I wandered back around the same area to return loose bikes to the racks. You get a dollar credit for each one. Saved myself $3 and got a little more comfortable hopping on bikes for short rides.

I also emailed them about refunding my first month. It was supposed to be free. (Update: they refunded the wrong month, and I missed out on $1. Oh well. UPDATE 2 they cancelled my membership???)

5 Likes

Decided to wait twenty fucking minutes for the bus instead of spending $15 to get home 15 minutes earlier. Sigh. Yes, I have been spoiled by living on a major bus route for most of my adult life.

8 Likes