Small Thing I Did to Save Money Today!

I’ve bought refurbished electronics in the past, I think they are a good choice for non-power users. I’ve consistently heard positive things about Dell Latitudes for some time as well. :slight_smile: Thank you!

1 Like

Free lunch at work today!
\o/
I brought one because I forgot, so now I don’t have to pack lunch for tomorrow. :smiley:

5 Likes

Made myself a boring vegemite sandwich to bring to work so I wouldn’t have to buy lunch.

2 Likes

Eating my packed food

Walked to the grocery store. Buying some maternity clothes from cheap from FB marketplace. Pickup up free baby gear from Buy Nothing.

3 Likes

Ate a Clif bar from my car instead of buying lunch while I was out at work. That held me over until I could get home and eat all the bread and cheese.

1 Like

:heart: :heart: :heart:

2 Likes

Ate a free Quarter Pounder from Maccas.

2 Likes

Discount on flat white for bringing my own cup + student discount.

1 Like

Eating up ALL the leftovers!

• Clearing up some credit card fraud - luckily it’s only a few hundred dollars, so worst case scenario isn’t the end of the world. Already got $80 back, working on the rest, and have cancelled that card.
  • Set up my new checking account’s debit card so I can close out the account that charges a fee.
3 Likes

Caught an error, got free cherries! Whole Foods has cherries on sale. Went in to get some. Even the prime price adjustment still seemed wrong. Checked the math- they overcharged me by more than $3! So I went to customer service. If they screw up, they give it to you free apparently. Plus now everyone else don’t keep getting overcharged! :flushed: wonder how many people way overpaid before I pointed it out…

4 Likes

…Maybe. Or maybe they just fixed it for you and will keep overcharging everyone else who comes in.

3 Likes

I wondered about that. No one else seems to pay attention like I do to grocery receipts. Can’t even get my husband in the habit, in spite of seeing everything I’ve caught

3 Likes

Plus it sounds like they’d have to math as well as pay attention in this case.

Yes! And the way they do their receipts is awful. It shows original price, then amount they took OFF per lb, and the new price per lb isn’t listed anywhere. Whyyyy?

4 Likes

Well, it probably means they don’t have to give the sale price very often…

2 Likes

I always use the self checkout so I can go slowly and pay attention to price. When it’s a cashier, I zone out and go back to my childhood days of buying groceries with my parent’s card and not giving a f how much it cost.

2 Likes

Haha I think the “zone out parents card” issue is exactly why SirB forgets to check :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

This is since amazon bought it and it is the worst.