Skincare

No, not at all. Rather pleasant. Unfortunately, it is literally the only thing I have ever put on my face and had an immediate reaction!

3 Likes

I might have to try it out! I find Elta MD too sticky.

2 Likes

We use this too for the kids!

Unfortunately I’m allergic to chemical sunscreens and am still hunting for the perfect mineral body sunscreen. I’m currently using the australian gold botanical one and it’s fine (though very scented) but I don’t love it.

3 Likes

Oh it’s chemical? Bummer

Thank you to the folks who recommended CeraVe here! Complete skincare noob (aside from sunscreen), so decided to try a CeraVe cleanser and moisturizer since they’re not expensive. I used them literally once and my coworker (who I see multiple times a week) was like, “Your skin is GLOWING what did you do??” Gave her the product names, so y’all may have a secondary convert there too :rofl:

17 Likes

I was thinking of trying it after I run out of my stuff too!

7 Likes

Has anyone here tried/ have any thoughts about red light therapy? I keep seeing it everywhere

4 Likes

Yesssss! I feel like an insane evangelist, but it’s just good product! And yeah, not that expensive! I’m so glad it works for you!

5 Likes

Does anyone refrigerate their retinol? Mine is from The Ordinary and says to refrigerate it, but then I forget to use it.

4 Likes

I have a mask. I’m not great about using it so that’s a bit of a problem. It is supposed to give good results but I haven’t been perfect in my usage and also haven’t done anything like before and after pictures so I can’t really say. I have this one.

5 Likes

I have retinol from the ordinary but I don’t remember seeing anything about refrigerating it!

4 Likes

I actually went back and it does say that. I do not refrigerate it. When I was taking a break from it because my skin was irritated, then I put it in the fridge while I wasn’t using, but I think most people don’t refrigerate on a regular basis. My fridge is on a different floor from my bathroom and bedroom so it is a REAL nonstarter for me!

4 Likes

My first bottle I did not refrigerate. It worked great! The next bottle I learned about refrigeration and therefore never used it.

7 Likes

I’ve had the same one for a while now. I used it regularly for a year or so and then it broke. They replaced it for free but I’m not sure I’ve used it since I got the new one. I should!

2 Likes

I’m glad the CeraVe is working for you!!

1 Like